Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi guys.I have little mechanical knowledge and 99% of my ST knowledge has come from this site so im hoping you guys can help me improve the car as you have in the past.
Im in the situation where i have some left over cash from other expences and so this is my chance to give the ST the additions iv wanted to for ages. Id better start with what i already have which is the Dreamscience stage 2 package being, intercooler, cais, cat back, and mod C map giving me approx 290bhp added eibach springs also . Im not fussed about massive bhp as long as the car drives how i want it to and bhp will come with the upgrades anyway.
So heres what i want from the car

Pull strongly throughout the rev range
The pops and bangs iv seen on youtube and on here, lol
better handeling

My budget is around 2k but im not including a RS clutch in that as when the day comes as iv managed to convince myself and the mrs that its maintenance not modifying.If i was missing out on on an extra mod that would take me slightly over my budget but would really benefit the car then im sure i could convince myself to go for it. Im also happy to travel anywhere in the country to get the work done by the best!!

All recommendations welcome.

cheers

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv always loved hearing cars pop on over run etc.I know its not what everyone wants and its pretty immature to want it but its the little things that make the overall ownership a real joy, and for me atleast this is one of them

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would it be a similar result with a race cat?I only ask as i want it to be the finished article by summer and not need bits swapping for the MOT.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
would it be a similar result with a race cat?I only ask as i want it to be the finished article by summer and not need bits swapping for the MOT.
this is a miltek turbo back with de-cat, pops and bangs for fun on a standard mad, so with your Current mods i recon it will sound even better,

the chav inside me loves it

i would go for the following if i was you

downpipe £155
sports cat 100cell or 200 cell £295 to £400 ish

then it would have to be the

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/ford-focus/performance-upgrades/826-dsci-st-clutch-and-lsd-kit.php £1595

you could probably buy the downpipe and cat second hand and save a bit of cash if you wanted.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Bilstein B8 dampers to go with your springs and a rear anti roll bar for the handling then add a downpipe and race cat. That little lot will eat most of your budget but probably leave you with enough left to get ModX loaded onto your car.

You will have a really good car then.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help guys.Just a couple of curiosities after readin up on what a LSD actually does. Will i notice much difference on the road as it looks to me the benefits from these would be seen in track situations when youv got the car by the scruff and driving hard?

Also back to the pops, does the cat back make any difference or is it all to do with down pipe and sports cat/de-cat? Was looking to change my cat back due to horrific droning but would these added exhaust parts reduce the droning or even maybe eliminate it.Could coup with a bit of drone but what iv got at the moment is doing my head in

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Thanks for your help guys.Just a couple of curiosities after readin up on what a LSD actually does. Will i notice much difference on the road as it looks to me the benefits from these would be seen in track situations when youv got the car by the scruff and driving hard?

Also back to the pops, does the cat back make any difference or is it all to do with down pipe and sports cat/de-cat? Was looking to change my cat back due to horrific droning but would these added exhaust parts reduce the droning or even maybe eliminate it.Could coup with a bit of drone but what iv got at the moment is doing my head in
Regarding the LSD- Dave Govier who is a member on here recently had his car featured in Fast Ford and in the he said you don't notice the LSD on the road, I'm sure others will disagree but after reading that, and having met Dave it's made me think its not something I need personally.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
decat will give you pops and bangs, is your exhaust de res if so get one with the resonator should stop the droning , also if your not taking your on the track, me personally wouldn't fit the lsd.

·
Registered
128 Posts

I use to think the same thing about the LSD that it would only benifit me on track but i got one any way and oh boy was i wrong it tottaly transformd the car. It just sticks to the road now no more washing wide on corners. And i must add i dont do track days. Its one of th best mods i've done to my car

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
I use to think the same thing about the LSD that it would only benifit me on track but i got one any way and oh boy was i wrong it tottaly transformd the car. It just sticks to the road now no more washing wide on corners. And i must add i dont do track days. Its one of th best mods i've done to my car
+1 on the LSD

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers guys been doing a little bit of price comparing online and having to stop myself from increasing the list!!

Above James has mentioned a rear arb which does look like its worth getting for handeling mods but what about a front arb, or would that be overkill as my car is purely for road use?
(please excuse some of my questions, i know most of this is probably common knowlege to alot of you)

Thinking il get the b8 dampers, rear arb, 100cell cat, down pipe, and a map (probably hold out for DS ultima).Then when the clutch goes kaput look into the clutch/LSD package from DS if im still not happy with the feel.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats exactly what i wanted to hear as my budgets getting a bit of a kicking already!!looks like im going to need to do alot of overtime this month and going to have to tell some porkies to the mrs, lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts