Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im going up to DS hq first thing in the morning already have a dsf 3000 getting the migration done for £225 with the modb and modc tunei also have full mongoose exhaust with down pipe and de-cat with large front mount intercooler and k&n induction kit, with this lot running on race+ which is the highest map on my car i achieved 274bhp which i thought was good till i looked around lol, i asked hwat i amy get with these additional maps, he said with the k&n about 290bhp ish and if i buy there induction kit 300bhp and above, any views on this i dont really wann go and spend £600 for an extra 10bhp

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hiya, I'm running DS induction, Ds intercooler, Mod C, 3" downpipe, 100 cell race cat and a full Mongoose system. On Sat at Dastek it ran 320bhp and 362lbft of torque, any help?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(kjw @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hiya, I'm running DS induction, Ds intercooler, Mod C, 3" downpipe, 100 cell race cat and a full Mongoose system. On Sat at Dastek it ran 320bhp and 362lbft of torque, any help?

Blimey thats pretty good, well im not sure how much difference thier induction kit will actually make as it is still a k&n filter after all just like mine!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
haveing recently changed my induction kit from K&n gen 2 to dreamscience one all i can say is i did notice quite a differance in how the car goes ,its also so much more responsive to the throttle and has the added benefit of a much improved sound .
one thing i will say tho is the fitting brackets are a bit flimsy on the dreamscience unit and had a fair bit of trouble geting it to mount correctly as kept hitting the strutt brace no matter what we did to it so to cure this we made our own top bracket and mounted it from another point which made the kit fit correctly .
i think the dreamscience induction kit is an improvement over the K&N big time .
only my opinion tho ,sure someone will have there opinion aswell .

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
"well im not sure how much difference thier induction kit will actually make as it is still a k&n filter after all just like mine!! "
thats exactly how i was thinking but i dont regret going for the dreamscience kit i can assure you .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>haveing recently changed my induction kit from K&n gen 2 to dreamscience one all i can say is i did notice quite a differance in how the car goes ,its also so much more responsive to the throttle and has the added benefit of a much improved sound .
one thing i will say tho is the fitting brackets are a bit flimsy on the dreamscience unit and had a fair bit of trouble geting it to mount correctly as kept hitting the strutt brace no matter what we did to it so to cure this we made our own top bracket and mounted it from another point which made the kit fit correctly .
i think the dreamscience induction kit is an improvement over the K&N big time .
only my opinion tho ,sure someone will have there opinion aswell .

hi thanks im just wundering how the ds induction kit differs i know it gives more acoostics but with the power side of things as it is essentialy the same cone

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
smoother lay out to the actuall pipework and also has no swirl chamber"box at top of K&N that ecu fits to"
it realy is a nice piece of kit ,if you can afford it personaly id say go for it as i doubt youl regret it .
im not saying the K&N is a bad piece of kit by any means ,mine served me well and had no issues with it at all but i do think the dreamscience one is a step up from the k&n in performance and sound.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>smoother lay out to the actuall pipework and also has no swirl chamber"box at top of K&N that ecu fits to"
it realy is a nice piece of kit ,if you can afford it personaly id say go for it as i doubt youl regret it .
im not saying the K&N is a bad piece of kit by any means ,mine served me well and had no issues with it at all but i do think the dreamscience one is a step up from the k&n in performance and sound.

yea im deffo thinking of getting it just hope its worth that extra cash also i have a collins dv, will this change the way the induction kit makes the turbo chatter on overrun>?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
as you can see from my signature i have collins dump valve and fitting kit ,with the dump valve and fitting kit i get minimal chatter,but i have tryd it with it off and get good chatter so have the choice realy dont i .
i also bought the RS ecu cover as i didnt like how the ecu mounted with the dreamscience kit .
when i first heard the ds cais i thought the guys had dump valves but turns out they didnt!!
i think it was money well spent to be honest ,you can always sell the K&N and get maybe £100:00 for it which will go towards your new ds cais?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get the DS induction kit then sell your K+N and your getting a bargain

yes i might do that then, ive alos got a sony xplode headunit which i paid £180 for in the summer and only used it for about a month also with a fli sub could get about £200 for them i rekon

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got back from DS hq was a long day in the traffic lol, the guys at DS were great and a good laugh, unfortunatley there was 2 power cuts during the day lol none of which were DS's fault there was a problem with the main frame all the units around were down, which meant i never got my dyno done with mod c on gutted lol, we managed to get my standard dyno done which was 244bhp was quite shocked at that, BUT on the way home well what can i say, absalutley amazing the difference from when i got there with my perf+ on which was 274bhp, it feels so much smoother and absalutley relentless acceleration just doesnt stop haha, very good fuel economey on way back was averaging 31mpg And gave it a few blasts
didnt get the ds induction kit but i have been persueded on my next visit which will be next week cant wait lol then ill get a dyno done aswell to finalise the results, also was brilliant to see you again Jared mate bin a long time. thanks again very very impressed would highley recommend

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>put it on the dyno with the K&N then after dreamscience cais fitted have it done again im sure there will be a differance in your figures ie better with dreamscience cais.

Hi yea thats what im gonna do, i rekon it will defo get more power with the ds induction, im very happy with the map any way cant beleive the difference

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
QUOTE(rowsonst @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi yea thats what im gonna do, i rekon it will defo get more power with the ds induction, im very happy with the map any way cant beleive the difference

glad your happy with it ,there a nice bunch of guys down there arnt they .
keep us posted as id like to no the outcome .

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm sure the newer maps will be done using the DS CAIS, therefore the maps work better when using it.
i.e. you should see an increase over the K&N as the map probably isn't optimised for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys the lates update for you all, i got a power run done today at a local place which is a bit ****y lol not sure if it was 100% accurate but i could not wait to find out lol, any way it made 286.3bhp and 319fbl of torque i was hoping for a little more as it really does get motoring but like i said i dont rekon the rollers were that accurate it was a real
old one called sun tunning dynos anyway thats what i got on mod C with the k&n gen 2 be interesting to see with ds induction kit might crack 300bhp with that any thoughts thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.