Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondering if anyone is willing to commit to the group buy for B8 shockers. Carpartsexpress will do them for £435 delivered if we can get 5 or more people.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
I think your best bet is to wait until February tbh. Get Xmas out if the way.

This is undoubtably the best mod you can do though. The car grips better, is more stable, more neutral in handling and rides so much better.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds awesome so will wait till then. I have a full set of poly bushes and the elevate rarb waiting to go on. Shall I get them fitted in the mean time or get the whole lot done together to save on labour charges? How big a job is the shock changeover?

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Sounds awesome so will wait till then. I have a full set of poly bushes and the elevate rarb waiting to go on. Shall I get them fitted in the mean time or get the whole lot done together to save on labour charges? How big a job is the shock changeover?
What I would do is definately get the Rarb fitted. If your bushes are blown then yes I would get them fitted. If they're not and can wait, I'd get them fitted at the same time as the shocks.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
It is, albeit the Mountune Clubsport kit has a slightly different damping rate.
Mountune would spec a different damping rate as they would be using softer springs as well.

You can get B8's adjusted to whatever spring rate you like. Iirc it costs £150 for a set.

·
Registered
130 Posts
been thinking about getting some thing like this so im a maybe, just how does the car deal with stupid speed bumps with these on ?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
been thinking about getting some thing like this so im a maybe, just how does the car deal with stupid speed bumps with these on ?
Far better than it does with just Eibach springs on. I drove with just springs and then the dampers as well and its so much nicer to drive with the dampers. I felt like it was crashing over speed bumps with springs alone.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think your best bet is to wait until February tbh. Get Xmas out if the way.

This is undoubtably the best mod you can do though. The car grips better, is more stable, more neutral in handling and rides so much better.
+1
I would be up for these in febuary or march that,ll give me time to save after crimbo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put my name down pal any time after the 7th of january but i'm a 100% didnt see the last group buy as Ive only just got the bug.

Cars in at Dreamscience on the 10th of Jan, need some decent Suspension too only running Eibachs atm.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
+1 for feb/march, have some other stuff needs doing first though.

Would it work out cheaper to buy a set of B12's or is there not much in it ? (I don't have Eibach springs fitted yet)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do these make the car sit slightly higher? than just eibach??
As far as i know from other folk who have them they do sit slightly higher than the stock shockers but they vasty improve the ride quality and handling. They are designed especially for use with lowering springs.

·
Registered
570 Posts
do these make the car sit slightly higher? than just eibach??
Overall the car sits lower than the stock damper/spring stance but they are slightly higher than stock shocks with eibach springs on them. You can always fit the B8s with the cobra 40mm lowering springs for quite a low stance, the B8s can handle up to 40mm. The perfect stance in my opinion is eibach on the back and cobra on the front with the B8s but obviously that means buying 2 sets of springs.

Also 1+ for me on the Feb group buy possibly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The perfect stance in my opinion is eibach on the back and cobra on the front with the B8s but obviously that means buying 2 sets of springs.

Also 1+ for me on the Feb group buy possibly.
Do you have this set up? Always wondered gow the car would feel on cobra springs. Must really feel the bumps no?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts