Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just been thinking about insurance and i rang my current insurer and they wont touch me on an st so im going to have to cancel the policy. If i do this does that mean ill loose all of my no claims or will i just use this year as the year isnt complete??

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
as far as i know, you wont get the year that you cancel, i went though this before but i left the insurance running to get the no claims and got another insurer for the different car as i don t think you can put a price on the ncb

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(kevin @ 22 Feb 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as far as i know, you wont get the year that you cancel, i went though this before but i left the insurance running to get the no claims and got another insurer for the different car as i don t think you can put a price on the ncb

My insurance would go up alot if i dont use the ncb. so i realy carnt loose all of them i dont mind looseing this year as its only 4 month in to the policy but id like to keep the rest.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i don't see how you could loose them all mate never heard off this before at all only if there s been a crash

but saying that most insurers are scammers as my girl friend has 2 years ncb and the 3rd in a month and she had a little dink and they took them all, how can they take a ncb that she ant got yet

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
You should be able to take all your full years to another insurer,you may need a letter from your present insurer to confirm your entitlement this should not be a problem

·
Vendor
709 Posts
QUOTE(bbg404 @ 22 Feb 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just been thinking about insurance and i rang my current insurer and they wont touch me on an st so im going to have to cancel the policy. If i do this does that mean ill loose all of my no claims or will i just use this year as the year isnt complete??

The latter! (You just lose the current year)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thats made my day knowing i can keep them and save a good couple of hundred and may be get a couple hundred back off the current policy.

im dreading starting to ring around for insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts