Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have narrowed it down to two remaps, both being stage 1 as my car isnt modified in any other way.

the choices are either bluefin stage 1 or Revo stage 1, i personally hadn't heard of revo until i received an email from them offering a good price for the stage 1 remap.

has anyone else had work done by revo ?

and any opinions on which is better out of bluefin or revo ?

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/fordrevo.htm

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
I think which ever you choose you will be pleased with both, you can't really fault either of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tom u can run stage 2 Bluefin also with no mods! Personally out the 2 I'd go bluefin because u can get all there other maps emailed to u at no extra cost, so if u do modify ur car later on u won't need to pay for extra maps

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Revo is quite an aggressive map from what I've heard on here, think it may also use the highest levels of boost. Not many people run this compared to other maps.
Bluefin - You get all their maps for a one-off fee, bonus in that you don't have to pay again when you get to the next stage.

May I ask why you've discounted the offerings from the other tuners?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wasnt aware that you could run stage 2 of bluefin without extra mods as on the website it says it is a requirement to have
[background=rgb(3, 54, 75)]1.Replacement air intake system[/background]​
[background=rgb(3, 54, 75)]2.Good quality replacement Sports-Cat[/background]​

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
i wasnt aware that you could run stage 2 of bluefin without extra mods as on the website it says it is a requirement to have
[background=rgb(3, 54, 75)]1.Replacement air intake system[/background]

[background=rgb(3, 54, 75)]2.Good quality replacement Sports-Cat[/background]
It'll run on a stock car, you just won't get the full power that they state.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not to try and confuse you but KMS currently have an offer on Collins remaps, you can get a stage 2 map for £275 and stage 1 for £225

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revo is quite an aggressive map from what I've heard on here, think it may also use the highest levels of boost. Not many people run this compared to other maps.
Bluefin - You get all their maps for a one-off fee, bonus in that you don't have to pay again when you get to the next stage.

May I ask why you've discounted the offerings from the other tuners?
the only reason i have discounted the other offerings is because i have heard good things about bluefin and it seems to be popular, originally i did want to go with dreamscience however there are so many tunes that i didnt understand which one to use or how lol

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
the only reason i have discounted the other offerings is because i have heard good things about bluefin and it seems to be popular, originally i did want to go with dreamscience however there are so many tunes that i didnt understand which one to use or how lol
May I put forward Collins then?

Stage 1 is £250 and is good for 260BHP on a stock car, all the way to 300BHP on a fully modded car.

·
Registered
173 Posts
May I put forward Collins then?

Stage 1 is £250 and is good for 260BHP on a stock car, all the way to 300BHP on a fully modded car.
If you go to KMS you get the same package for £225
My ST is going there at the start of jan for stage 2, cannot wait

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Dream science is quite simple, they do 5 maps that can be run on a standard car, performance, performance +, race, race + and DSCI. Mod maps are for use on cars with all mods.
Advantage of dream science is you can swap between the 5 maps to choose the one with the delivery you prefer, and if you get a handset with at least 3 lives on, you can sell it on with no loss of cash when you sell the ST

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dream science is quite simple, they do 5 maps that can be run on a standard car, performance, performance +, race, race + and DSCI. Mod maps are for use on cars with all mods.
Advantage of dream science is you can swap between the 5 maps to choose the one with the delivery you prefer, and if you get a handset with at least 3 lives on, you can sell it on with no loss of cash when you sell the ST
okay that seems a little more simple haha, is there any stand out tune out of the selection of performance, performance +, race, race + and DSCI that people seem to prefer ?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
+1 the DS handset is the only one on the market that can be sold on without any loss of cash if bought 2nd hand with a few lives on it ..plus the handset can be used as a fault code reader.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Collins stage 2 map is awesome will run on a standard car but would highly recommend a upgraded intercooler TBH

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
you may indeed
i have heard about collins but never really researched it, do you use it yourself ?
Yep, I had their Stage 2 map loaded onto my stock car in July. I've since added a decat and it RR'd at 263.6. Stage 1 works fine on a stock car, but they recommend at least an intercooler for Stage 2.

As many people will say, it's a very smooth map that just keeps pulling unlike some other maps which tend to run out of puff in the higher revs.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
DS
okay that seems a little more simple haha, is there any stand out tune out of the selection of performance, performance +, race, race + and DSCI that people seem to prefer ?
dsci is the most widely used because on paper it produces the most power. Performance+ is also popular because it maintains the 5 pot+ growl that is slightly lost with the other maps and in terms of power deliverability it feels the most like the standard. I run Perf+ myself!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DS

dsci is the most widely used because on paper it produces the most power. Performance+ is also popular because it maintains the 5 pot+ growl that is slightly lost with the other maps and in terms of power deliverability it feels the most like the standard. I run Perf+ myself!
okay and did you use the dsci tuning platform or the stratagem tuning method ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
ive never driven an ST mapped by any other tuners so cant comment for them.

but aggressive or not, im made up with my Revo map. so much so ill soon be upgrading to stage 2

1 - 20 of 43 Posts