Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well officially Hello!!

I have been in and out of the site for a while but paid up properly a month or so ago when i brought my ST. I wont go into that as it is getting boring but essentially i have driven the vehicle for 6 days and it has been parked for 4ish weeks as bottom end and timing belt tensioner has gone. Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it is at SCC now and should? be fixed by next week.

So back on topic.

This was my old car.

Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire

250bhp ST220 that i traded in for the ST (so far biggest mistake)

and here is my baby..

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive side-view mirror

It is a genuine TOMMI MAKINEN edition with 31k on the clock and approximately 310bhp.

I have loads of pics of both cars as they got modified and i have some of my old cars a R33 GTR and an Evo 4.

Hope you like.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really good! Did Hoddesdon to north of edinburgh on one tank with some left over! Had to fill up as going into the countryside so not sure of where to get fuel. Did around 36mpg. Miss it so much.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GET IT! same engine as ST. Mine was on a 5 speed box as well so god knows what mpg i could of got on a 6 speed!

My average when i stupidly sold it was 29mpg and that is spirited driving. They never have ford 220bhp figure mine standard was 240!

My R33 GTR

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
GET IT! same engine as ST. Mine was on a 5 speed box as well so god knows what mpg i could of got on a 6 speed!

My average when i stupidly sold it was 29mpg and that is spirited driving. They never have ford 220bhp figure mine standard was 240!

My R33 GTR

View attachment 93130
Pretty sure the Titanium x was a slightly detuned 3L....My 220 was just under 250bhp with miltek exhaust, induction kit and ds remap, out of 3-4 RR days ive been with the MSTOC never seen a standard one hit more than 225 bhp!....as for mpg, mine was the 6 speed and was almost identical to my Focus ST ...20-22mpg round town and 28-32 on a run.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine was run on rollers at perfect touch in hoddesdon by the legend Tweenie rob who has now sadly passed away. Came out at 240 with a k&n 57i. I have pics I believe somewhere of my run to Scotland as at the time I knew no one would believe me. I was under the impression the
x has same power most of it came with 220 bodywork if you specced it just no twin pipes sticking out the rear.

It had 205bhp!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Mine was run on rollers at perfect touch in hoddesdon by the legend Tweenie rob who has now sadly passed away. Came out at 240 with a k&n 57i. I have pics I believe somewhere of my run to Scotland as at the time I knew no one would believe me. I was under the impression the
x has same power most of it came with 220 bodywork if you specced it just no twin pipes sticking out the rear.

It had 205bhp!
Yep 205bhp......0-60 times dont change much on the X but Im pretty sure you couldnt spec the side skirts, front and rear bumpers, small boot spoiler, wheels and the sports suspension the 220 came with and prob sets it aside from the other mondy's ....the x in comparison always looked like the less exciting (boring) cousin to the 220

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said I was sure I had seen some with the body kit on it and got confused why no twin pipes. At least the X was not a shameful replica to the 220 but with added diesel! Stupid single tail pipe copies. Imagine if they did the focus ST with a diesel!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Like I said I was sure I had seen some with the body kit on it and got confused why no twin pipes. At least the X was not a shameful replica to the 220 but with added diesel! Stupid single tail pipe copies. Imagine if they did the focus ST with a diesel!
Should of joined the MSTOC mate, I never missed an opportunity to wind them up about their performance tractors
...to be fair they're a good bunch and liked a bit of banter

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I was on there. Just never really posted as not a lot for me. Monkeyera was handy though. Re wired the whole of my 220 to a facelift model. The pic i posted it looks nothing like it did after I finsihed with it. Retrofitted loads powerfold mirrors auto rear view mirror vents handles the whole wiring system for doors and so on. I have all the facelift bits in the garage now as removed it all when I got rid. Do u think it is worth much?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't get a 7!!! The six was last of the proper evo's. in my opinion. Plus any mitsubishi engineer when asked said the last great evo was the makinen! They are not massively horrific as long as u know how to drive them. I have never had to replace anything....... Yet. My big bill is coming. Clutch mods and underseal ahoy!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Don't get a 7!!! The six was last of the proper evo's. in my opinion. Plus any mitsubishi engineer when asked said the last great evo was the makinen! They are not massively horrific as long as u know how to drive them. I have never had to replace anything....... Yet. My big bill is coming. Clutch mods and underseal ahoy!
Lies, all lies. The 9 is the last great evo

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
A fellow evo owner I mean fast rep mobile! Ha ha
They are called Evolution for a reason
Really like the 5/6 and if I was to ever sell my and get another it would be a 5rs or 6rs.

Is it standard? Anything nice planned?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts