Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, bought my
a couple of weeks ago now. Have a few issues but generally loving the new motor!

Just wondering if the previous owner is still an active member on here or anyone knows anything about the vehicle? Last registered keeper was Jonathan Shawcross, newton-le-willows? He only had the vehicle a short time and am just interested to know why. Obviously could be a number of genuine reasons why he parted with it after a short time but i'm just a little a little concerned it wasn't for some reason more sinister.....

Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(GazBakero @ 10 Feb 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys, bought my
a couple of weeks ago now. Have a few issues but generally loving the new motor!

Just wondering if the previous owner is still an active member on here or anyone knows anything about the vehicle? Last registered keeper was Jonathan Shawcross, newton-le-willows? He only had the vehicle a short time and am just interested to know why. Obviously could be a number of genuine reasons why he parted with it after a short time but i'm just a little a little concerned it wasn't for some reason more sinister.....

Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

don't worry mate. he found out it was a thirsty wee beast. very common.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it does love the juice like Stingy. Was fully prepared for the fact that it wasn't going to be the most fuel efficient car but
me.... You can actually see the gauge falling when your giving it a bit of a push!!! Not a problem though, as more than one person has said on here before " its smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon" ha!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(GazBakero @ 10 Feb 2010, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah it does love the juice like Stingy. Was fully prepared for the fact that it wasn't going to be the most fuel efficient car but
me.... You can actually see the gauge falling when your giving it a bit of a push!!! Not a problem though, as more than one person has said on here before " its smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon" ha!
some people buy them believing fords mpg figures

then get a real shock

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
yeah, i only dropped 4 pmg from an older 1.8 focus to the new ST. mostly dual carridge way and motorway to work. i knew it would be a little worse, but when driving in town traffi or that **** called snow, watch it down like a pint on a friday night

·
Registered
571 Posts
I must drive like an old fart.

I'm getting 22mpg round town only.

And when i got my
from Sheffield, i drove 193 miles home and got 35.2mpg. Its no fluke, coz driving back from Twickenham last Nov after the Aussie game, i got 37.4mpg. Im sure i can get 40mpg from it. Will have keep it on 56mph though. Will be funny seeing a Yaris burn me up on the motorway.

I was happy with that.

Now i got the Mountune, im gonna have to try the figures again. Only took the car out once since i had it done...Blooming flu!

Mind you, my 2005 Focus Titanium 1.6Ti-VCT gave 24mpg with round town driving. It was rubbish. Best i got from that was 39mpg driving up to Scotland. So the
is doing ok for such a big lump of an engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.