Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi guys, it's my first post for a while and not a happy one either! Going back to Christmas eve I was just popping out to the shops doing about 10 mph as it was really snowy out and just as I was driving past a T junction a car comes flying across the road and smashes my front wing in and shunts me off the road. I got his details witnesses etc and he admitted liability which was nice, called the aa and got the car towed back to my house. The AA put me onto a company called claims fast and they sorted out a garage to fix the car and a hire car for the duration all paid for by the other bloke's insurance company (the hire car turned out to be a 59 plate jaguar XF!) The garage fixing my car is stoneacre York, I went to look at the car today, it's not finished but I noticed a dent and a scratch that weren't there before or after the crash so they must have been caused by the garage themselves. I haven't spoken to them about it yet but I was wondering what rights I had, can I refuse to accept the car until they fix it or will I just have to put up with it if they deny responsibility, also looks like some toe rag has nicked my st badge, again it was there when they picked the car up. Just wanted to get you guy's opinion before I start getting angry with the garage.

UPDATE

Well its been 7 odd weeks since i first posted this topic and i thought i would update it.
2 weeks after i noticed the dent and missing st badge i got a phone call saying my car is fixed, brilliant i thought, went on the sat to pick it up and when i had look round the car, the dent was still there and the st badge was still missing and they hadnt fitted the ott stripes onto the new front bumper as it originally was
. Wasnt happy as you can imagine so i spoke to the manager bloke of the repair shop and pointed these things out and off he went to check the photos they took of the car when it was surveyed. ( meanwhile i had a sit in the rs that was in thier showroom
) He came back and said the photos confirmed what i had said and they would fix the problems, fair enough but what about quality control? why did noone look round my car to see if it was in an acceptable condition to give back to me!
2 weeks later i got another phone call saying joy oh joy my car is now ready again! good job i live in married quarters and dont need my car to get to work. Oh i forgot to say after the first call saying my car was ready the hire car was cancelled imidiatly and i had 24 hours to give it back! nice. i could have kicked off to get anther hire car but i didnt really need one and couldnt be bothered with the hassel.
I went down on the sat again and looked over my car, everything seemed ok so i took it, then did a bit of shopping in monks cross and had abit of a drive about, everything seemed fine till i was heading home and got to motorway speeds. The balacing was massivly out ( i had 2 new front tyres and a new front wheel) it was painful to hold onto the steering wheel. By this time the garage was closed so i limped home and would have to get onto them on monday, problem being i was off to Kenya for an 8 week exercise on the tuesday
I was mega busy at work on the monday so the missus phoned the garage and by all accounts got into a bit of a slaging match with the repair centre manager, with me being away there was no way of getting the car to the garage so they finally agreed to pick the car up and then drop it off when i was done, which they said would be with in the week.
3 weeks later with barely an info coming from them other than something about another new wheel and new power steering pump we still dont know whats going on. My wife has written a snotty letter but i dont see that bringing much satisfaction. Im stuck in kenya not being able to do anything about it and to be honest im sure i would trust my car when/if i ever get it back. Im even looking at getting an rs to replace it.
One final thing. im posted in 6 weeks and my wife is moving next weeks to sort her new job out, so god know whats going to happen now.
Just wanted to get that off my chest and let you know the joys of dealing wiht stoneacre york!

Update

For those of you that wondered what the windscreen washer bottle looks like!

The offending dent

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'd say if you've got "before" and "after" shots then you hold all the aces. Ask them about it and see if they'll cough. If they don't then mention that you have pictures and see if that moves them.

PS Where's your door handle gone??

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that. It upsets me to hear about these stories of damaged ST's. If it were me id kick up a right fuss about it if they have done the offending dents. As Yoinkster says it will be much easier to sort with before and after pictures. Hope you get it sorted out swiftly.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
looks to me like there going to paint the side of your car out mate. see if its there when its finished.
if it is have a moan or at least tell them. i see people do it all the time so no worries..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ve been thinking about this today, surely when they got the car they would have surveyed it to see what damage there was. So if the dent was there when they got it there is no reason why it shouldnt get fixed. Hopefully im just jumping the gun and when its done the dent will be gone if not

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unlucky mate hope it all gets sorted asap, i would mention it straight away about the dent and they shud sort it, they will just add it to the insurance claim probably......

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Was you with the car when they recovered it to the garage?
If not it was probably done when they off loaded it or something...TBH I dont think you will have any problems getting that included in the work,they will definitely have to spray most of the side of your car...where is your door handle...that hasnt been nicked as well has it??!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi
having worked in crash repairs for nearly 25 years now
, i would say the drivers door is stripped out as a blend panel as you are having a new wing, very common procedure.
i would talk to the garage, and explain about the damage. i'm sure they could include it in the claim, could depend on if a insurance assesor has been out to view your car or if was done online. could of been caught while in there yard, does happen sometimes. good luck m8
Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts
ouch! hate seing them hurt. im with the last guy. talk to the garage and if there worth anything thay will do it with the price of the repairs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
hope u get it sorted mate as far as the extra dent goes.... i had someone go into the back of me on my last car which just really scratched the bumper becuse i had a towbar, which wrote there car off. they admitted all lieability first words the said so all good, i thought they would have the car spray the bumper or worse case new bumper and id have it back in few days, i went to see the car at the repair center and there was dents in the rear quarter pannel (where they have removed the bumper unequaly) it took me 3 weeks to get them to fix it! all i ever got was it was there when it came in... so try sort it as soon as you can before they start putting the car back together it may be easyer

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A final update

The wife phoned me yesterday and told me the car is back on the drive and is apparetly fixed! They told her they have replaced both front wheels ( one was already new!), installed another new power steering pack ( her words) because the one they put before was busted and they have replaced something on the clutch pedal, and i just thought it was a balancing issue.

She is taking it for a test drive today to see if everything is ok but it better be!

At least i have it back now although as i said before im not sure i trust it anymore and am definatly looking into getting an rs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts