Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

After having an ST for two years, its getting collected Monday. Best car I've ever driven and by far the fastest. Still I'm moving from a everything paid for company scheme (even the fuel
) to a cash allowance and theres no way I could run it for the money I'll get. Given its appetite for tyres and fuel.

So I've gone for something a bit different, cheaper to run and a little bit fun - A 2005 Toyota MR2 roadster :) The car handles well and looks pretty smart but its got no omph compared to the ST. Feels about the same as the old ST170 I used to have to drive.

I'll stick some pics up when I get it

David

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE(Enceladus @ 28 Jan 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well,

After having an ST for two years, its getting collected Monday. Best car I've ever driven and by far the fastest. Still I'm moving from a everything paid for company scheme (even the fuel
) to a cash allowance and theres no way I could run it for the money I'll get. Given its appetite for tyres and fuel.

So I've gone for something a bit different, cheaper to run and a little bit fun - A 2005 Toyota MR2 roadster :) The car handles well and looks pretty smart but its got no omph compared to the ST. Feels about the same as the old ST170 I used to have to drive.

I'll stick some pics up when I get it

David

Be careful in this weather in a MR2. I just spun mine going in a straight line, so now im looking for a ST.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've been without my ST for 2 weeks nearly. I'm getting used to the 2, but I really miss the turbo and torque of the ST. Mind you on the plus side the handling on this car is something else, so is the rear wheel drive. Even with the Eibachs on the ST is wouldn't grip the corners as well and it can't get the power down as easily through the bends.

As for bad weather, when we first got the snow I was well sick after getting stuck on ice for 20 mins in the ST, and needing to dig it out with a spade to get it moving again but at least it went in a straight line, the MR2 on ice is just plain bonkers lol.

Anyway heres the pics....

The day after I picked it up Grrrrr....

After it thawed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.