Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Posted a wanted add on a local community forum a few days ago. Picked them up this afternoon.

Oh yes, these are going to be lush.. cant believe what they cost me.. a takeout costs more. LOL.

Now, does anyone know if the ST bonnet is the same as say a 1.6/2.0.. run off the mill version.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
you've been done mate, they're not bonnet vents, they're insoles outta some old fella's shoes!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I understnad thye are the same however be warned about one on fleabay thye may not be genuine.

Also remember those vents do not quite match the shape of the bonnet so may need some 'adjustment'

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Dennis @ 22 Jan 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I understnad thye are the same however be warned about one on fleabay thye may not be genuine.

Also remember those vents do not quite match the shape of the bonnet so may need some 'adjustment'

I'm going to ring a local breakers on monday see if there are any in a 'straight' condition. Failing that i'd just buy one from ford.

I'd rather not butcher the standard bonnet plus i need the car daily so this will be a project over a weekend.

Cheers for the tip on fitting.. a little heat and some gentle persuasion should do it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The bonnets are the same as any of the lesser spec focus range mate !!!!

I bought a genuine ford bonnet when i did mine as the repro's usually dont fit quite right and as my car was brand new i wasnt going to risk spoiling the car for a few quid !!

Buy wisely !!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(nick wiley st @ 24 Jan 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>those vents are of the sapphire cosworth, there is a guy on this forum got them fitted into his st bonnet and they look awesome! his car was reatured in redline a few months ago.

yeah they are, i should have said that in the first post. Hopfully pick up a bonnet this week and get started with making them fit.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
QUOTE(nick wiley st @ 24 Jan 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>those vents are of the sapphire cosworth, there is a guy on this forum got them fitted into his st bonnet and they look awesome! his car was reatured in redline a few months ago.
that will be john-st3 car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts