Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't know it was blue!!

Finally got round to cleaning it today. I'm so glad I have snowfoam in my possession.

It's washes like these that are the most satisfying!

One picture. U mad?

Before

After

Not bad for nigh on 116k.

It's also been remapped this week using Dreamscience. I used the DSCI map, then went to CC Tuning in Burton and got it RR'd. The result was 282bhp and 347lb/ft (450nm) with just a decat. He says I desperately need an intercooler though, which is happening in January anyway.

Videos!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Wow that was one dirty car. Looked a million times better clean.

I dont mean to sound rude but those numbers seem a little high for just a map & decat. What other mods you got. That cooler is a must

·
Registered
1,416 Posts

I dont mean to sound rude but those numbers seem a little high for just a map & decat. What other mods you got. That cooler is a must
I had 280 with just a 00 cell sports cat at motoscope running same map and standard intercooler so it is possible.

Daz

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I had 280 with just a 00 cell sports cat at motoscope running same map and standard intercooler so it is possible.

Daz
Sounds like I have the wrong map then...I have ipd, ds cais & cooler, magnex dp and powerflow cat back only got 275bhp & 333ft torque. Collins CP320map. I have since put on full turbo back system with decat so hope I do better on the rollers now. Speaking of decat now that ive put mine on the clutch has started slipping. Ha ha always something.

Im gonna do 3 different rollers and do an average to see what Im running.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

Did you come out insweats seeing an ST looking that dirty Byron!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's sealed for winter using Fk1000p so maintenance washes are
easy!

I thought it was quite high too, but it's not unheard of. Well pleased with the torque!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Sounds like I have the wrong map then...I have ipd, ds cais & cooler, magnex dp and powerflow cat back only got 275bhp & 333ft torque. Collins CP320map. I have since put on full turbo back system with decat so hope I do better on the rollers now. Speaking of decat now that ive put mine on the clutch has started slipping. Ha ha always something.

Im gonna do 3 different rollers and do an average to see what Im running.
It's all down to the RR mate! The one I used seemed quite accurate, they ran a stock 150BHP diesel Astra to begin with and it ran 150-151.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Don't mean to
on your numbers, but there was a few runs that I found questionable at Motorscope... A ModX car running 331 (Thought they were only good for 300?), and a standard map car with full mods running 282!

It's all down to the RR mate! The one I used seemed quite accurate, they ran a stock 150BHP diesel Astra to begin with and it ran 150-151.
I didnt mean to insult but I thought the numbers were high too. If you went to three different rr and 2 ran 150 and the other ran 180 you would know the rollers were out.

But speaking about decat it makes such a huge difference, my engine now feels alive. Made my clutch slip now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small update: I don't think much to this map! I'm currently using the DSCi map and there are so many flatspots. Going to swap for the Performance map or Race+, see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Take no notice of people slating ya numbers on the RR mate. There's always a few will come on n say the rollers were wrong. (Unless your running a Collins map then the rollers will have been perfect.) I've seen plenty of cars make that sort of power on those mods.

When you say your getting flat spots is the car boosting ok? It might be your boost solenoid on the way out. I thought DSCI was a great map when I had it on. I got 290 BHP with the same mods plus DSCI ind kit so yours seems about right to me. Your car looks a million times better clean too.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I never had a flat spot on my old
running the DSCI map... Try a KAM fuse reset for a start, when were the plugs last changed. Do you get a spike in boost pressure when you let off the throttle to change gear?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here we go, the old rolling road BHP figures debate again!

Its not the figure you should be interested in its the lines on the graph, thats what you'll notice more on the road

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never had a flat spot on my old
running the DSCI map... Try a KAM fuse reset for a start, when were the plugs last changed. Do you get a spike in boost pressure when you let off the throttle to change gear?
I haven't changed the plugs, no. It's something I've been meaning to do!

I've changed the map today, I've swapped DSCI for Race. It's alright. noticeably less powerful, but it does run less boost. It's also smoother, no noticeable flatspots yet....
The MPG is also better. The DSCI was generating a lot of heat due to the lack of an intercooler, this would ruin power and MPG. So already, it's making less heat so the MPG is better and the power will be more reliable.

I actually noticed a boost spike earlier...what does that indicate?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts