Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(mick5994 @ 5 Dec 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks quite smart Mark, I would change your 3rd car though, it looks like its gone all rusty!!

The neighbours moved in last week and I have still not seen them. Interesting choice of colour indeed.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Lawsome @ 5 Dec 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OT:
Isn't the Micra in that kinda flip paint they do? Can't believe Nissan left that door handles black after that effort!

Chameleon paint? TVRs pull it off... just. A Micra? I think it struggles some what.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Alb @ 5 Dec 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That does look in mint condition. DC5 would be nicer though

Depends on your needs really. I do like the DC5 but too expensive to buy and run compared to the DC2, the DC5 cost the same to insure as my Impreza. For what I paid for my DC2, I won't lose any money so using man logic it's a free car. I wouldn't fancy binning a DC5 into the armco or tyre wall.

It's a crackling little car and 10 years on it still holds the 'best fwd drivers car' crown.

·
Registered
402 Posts
QUOTE(Alb @ 5 Dec 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That does look in mint condition. DC5 would be nicer though

Ah memories. Brilliant machine, would have one again tomorrow if I could keep the ST as well.

Mark, I like the way you say they are not that fast! They are fast enough and can embarass far more expensive and exotic cars!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(David Fox @ 6 Dec 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah memories. Brilliant machine, would have one again tomorrow if I could keep the ST as well.

Mark, I like the way you say they are not that fast! They are fast enough and can embarass far more expensive and exotic cars!
I know where you're coming from, it's loud and raw. The other end of the motoring spectrum to the relaxed and comfortable ST.

Most on here will never venture out on track so yes, on the road, in a straight line it's slow. Where it excels though is on track; 187bhp & LSD, 1100kg and an engine that redlines at 8500rpm and produces >100bhp/litre.

It was in fact a DC2 that caused me to sell my ST when I was on track at Bedford Autodrome and there was very little in it. The lightweight DC2 could corner faster, brake later and put 100% of it's power down unlike me

·
Registered
352 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 5 Dec 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not very fast but good fun

That comment has put a HUGE smile on my face, a friend of mine who is a fair wack older than me has always had fast cars and claimes this is the fastest of the lot, and seems to think its the fastest car on the plannet, and youve just made a statement which clearly is a fact of life.

Good on ya! Having driven one of these i can say yes they are a lot of fun, enjoy it buddy

·
Registered
402 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 6 Dec 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know where you're coming from, it's loud and raw. The other end of the motoring spectrum to the relaxed and comfortable ST.

Most on here will never venture out on track so yes, on the road, in a straight line it's slow. Where it excels though is on track; 187bhp & LSD, 1100kg and an engine that redlines at 8500rpm and produces >100bhp/litre.

It was in fact a DC2 that caused me to sell my ST when I was on track at Bedford Autodrome and there was very little in it. The lightweight DC2 could corner faster, brake later and put 100% of it's power down unlike me

If I didnt have to travel so many miles, and could sacrifice comfort, I would buy another DC5 tomorrow, or the FD2.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(David Fox @ 7 Dec 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I didnt have to travel so many miles, and could sacrifice comfort, I would buy another DC5 tomorrow, or the FD2.
I test drove the FD2 down at Litchfields back in 2007 and found the ride too unfortable for road use. They shortly after I test drove released some ASTs for it, I wouldn't mind seeing how much they improved the ride.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(JaMmYST @ 7 Dec 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That comment has put a HUGE smile on my face, a friend of mine who is a fair wack older than me has always had fast cars and claimes this is the fastest of the lot, and seems to think its the fastest car on the plannet, and youve just made a statement which clearly is a fact of life.
Fastest of what? The DC2 does 0-62mph in 6.2 seconds, not lightening quick.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.