Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my ST for about 2 weeks and the previous owner had a dreamscience remap. I didn't get any handheld unit with the car or paperwork etc so I was wondering if it would be possible to give me details about when it was mapped and what map it is running etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adam

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Like asking what I had for tea on 12/06/1987 mate - although, Dreamscience themselves will probably be able to help in terms of giving you some information on what map is probably loaded.
Send Jared a PM mate, he'll be able to tell you what you'd need to do if it is possible.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the previous owner as I got it from a garage. I was hoping someone at dreamscience would be able to tell from the reg number

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I don't know the previous owner as I got it from a garage. I was hoping someone at dreamscience would be able to tell from the reg number
There are that many second hand DS units for sale there would be no way of knowing what map (if any) you have on the car. Many owners put the car back to std before trading in and selling the handset

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a dreamscience badge on the back of my car. Does that mean they would have gone in person to dreamscience to have it mapped or do they send stickers out with every unit?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
as far as im aware mate there were free stickers with the handset when new.
you can also buy the badges from d/s.
beware though, it could be mapped by anyone if at all as has been said.
dealers see the badge and put 2 & 2 together and get 5!
does it boost high up the gauge?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
as far as im aware mate there were free stickers with the handset when new.
you can also buy the badges from d/s.
beware though, it could be mapped by anyone if at all as has been said.
dealers see the badge and put 2 & 2 together and get 5!
does it boost high up the gauge?
Good advise Stingy mate

The shift light on the rev counter should luminate when the ignition is switched on (red arrow) and when you hit 6.5k rpm too.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It definitely has been mapped that's never been in doubt. I was just curious to find out which map it had.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Even once DS has been put on a car, the owner can use the handset to change the map so could be running DSci one day, then change it for a track day, then take it back to stock for a service before putting Mod B on it just for a change of pace.

The main thing would be to check out if it is running a map currently or if it is back to stock again. Don't forget that some people are sad enough (for lack of a better term) to just buy the badge and stick it on even though the closest they have got to DS is a someone elses car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Did you read the above post?? The car has definitely been remapped. I know what i'm looking for as i've had an st since 06. I just didn't know if there was a database of ds maps as not all people buy the handset they just get it done at ds etc

·
Registered
773 Posts
I did indeed read the above posts and am sorry if my reply was not of any help to you.

You asked for help, people have responded to that request - ring Jared, take it to DS and get your ECU read.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did you read the above post?? The car has definitely been remapped. I know what i'm looking for as i've had an st since 06. I just didn't know if there was a database of ds maps as not all people buy the handset they just get it done at ds etc
whoah easy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts