Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car picked up by Gary, last week, to investigate a few issues with my car, after a text telling me my car was a beast again, i diceided to treat myself to a clutch and diff.

What a fantastic mod the diff is, instead of understeer the car just turns in and grips ! not even a hint of traction cutting in under spirited driving, where before i would have been frustrated, now i just want to keep on driving it in the twistys.

I should have had one fitted ages ago, i love it.

A big thankyou to Gary for driving all that way, sorting my issues and fitting my new goodies.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A friend of mine has the Quaife and it´s amazing haw fast you can step on full throttle thru curves!!!!

I´ve been wondering about my next modification. For occasional trackdays, what would you reccomend me first, the Quaife or AP Racing 4 pot brakes?

·
Registered
107 Posts
A friend of mine has the Quaife and it´s amazing haw fast you can step on full throttle thru curves!!!!

I´ve been wondering about my next modification. For occasional trackdays, what would you reccomend me first, the Quaife or AP Racing 4 pot brakes?
The diff.
Depends on how many track days you intend on doing, by occasional I take it to mean 3 or 4 (i.e. once a quarter)
for that the standard brakes are OK if you change the hoses/pads and bleed before & after each event.

If you were doing more than that & were thinking about spare wheels & wet/dry tyres then I would say both are essential
to get the best out of your day.

I've got both, the diff. is great every time I drive the car.
The APs only really come into their own after the 3rd lap on a track day, on the road they make
next to no difference (apart from looking great), you could argue less unsprung weight etc.
Unless you live on the IOM or make regular trips to the Nurburgring then the standard brakes are more than good enough for the road.

If you were torn between 4 pot or 6 pots, trust me the 4 pots are more than powerful enough
(& the Profile kit clears the standard wheels).

HTH, Jon

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
sounds good phil bet your well happy mate ,i cant wait for a quaife and bigger brakes but will be seeing gary rather soon

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go for a diff 100%, i never expected it to make such a big difference tbh and i've only had the car back since friday evening.
As said the standard brakes are pretty good and you shouldn't have any problems doing the odd track day.
If you are keeping the standard wheels then you'll need 4 pots, i really wish i had fitted a diff, even before any mods.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You now see why I was grinning from ear to ear on our visit to John & Chaz before. Was my car's 2nd proper run with mine fitted, its like a completely different car now, handles so much better and fills me with a lot more confidence driving it in all weather conditions too.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Paul.

John, we have almost got a full house with mods. I really think i might call it a day soon.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Gettin' my ATB diff done at the moment along with the RS clutch and flywheel, set of bilstein shocks, powerflex bushes and a rear ARB. Not sure what to expect when i pick her up. Hopefully it has all transformed how she behaves

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Roughly how much is it to fit the LSD, I'm nowhere near to any sort of position to be able to afford one but I'm just curious for the future??

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Roughly how much is it to fit the LSD, I'm nowhere near to any sort of position to be able to afford one but I'm just curious for the future??
Just a diff fitted will be around about £900 to £1000. But good idea to do the clutch too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Sounded good on Saturday night Phil
.......You will get me in to trouble with Mandy
. I am having a look at the chances of having it done without her finding out !!!!!

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Glad you liking the new goodies Phil
and as Jared said, the car did sound good Saturday evening matey

1 - 20 of 30 Posts