Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
just made the leaflets for my new business and its name thanks to sean bowker =) thought id post them on here to see what people think of it? thanks
hopefully all goes well.

front and back of leaflet =)
Once my st3 seats are starting to look worn I will give you a bell haha....

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
just made the leaflets for my new business and its name thanks to sean bowker =) thought id post them on here to see what people think of it? thanks
hopefully all goes well.

front and back of leaflet =)
Good luck with the business mate.

Have these been printed yet?

If i'm being honest, the layout is terrible and you really need to sort it out if you want them to come of as being professional. It's a decent start, but I would not have these printed if I were you mate, at least not in this form.

If you want to send me the images in a much larger format I can advise you on what you need to change.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i really appreciate any advice or criticisms, i havnt had these printed yet ive never done this before

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
naa afraid not, car interiors is a whole different ball game, but theres alot of money in it, completely different skill though

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I think a picture of your work start, half way through and end finish would also be good??
Personally thats how I would have it too.

One main picture, and then 3 by it's side showing 3 stages of work.

pp1

1/ Get rid of the quotation marks
2/ All the current pics should be the same size/shapes.
3/ Pictures should line up
4/ Bottom left text (address) should line up with text above the picture.
5/ Bottom picture (left)) is in the wrong place. It's cluttering the vital information (phone number). It needs to move up to above the text.
6/ Bottom picture (right) overlaps with the border
7/ All the picture are far too cluttered. You want people to look at your product, not what is going on in the background.
8/ Domestic AND commercial. "Or" is a negative.
9/ Right side - Pictures and text should line up
10/ What is the business called? Is it "got it covered"? The leaflet does not make it clear
11/ Get rid of the border, or at least the swirly bit. Clutters the page.
12/ No call to action. What do you want people to do with the info on the page? You have to tell them.
13/ You need a better email address. Gmail is becoming more acceptable, but I would buy a domain. Use this sort of format: [email protected] (or whatever the company is called)
14/ Take "anthony ellen - proprietor" off. Makes you look like a one man band, which isn't a problem, but can make people more wary of using your services.
15/ Get a landline. Same reason as above.
16/ Don't use italics.
17/ There loads more stuff too mate, but I'll go through it in more detail tomorrow.

Layout should look something like this. Everything should line up, but ive knocked it up with paint, not indesign so i cant really be bothered lol.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Number

Personally I'd look at doing a 4pp a5 leaflet though.

Front and back

Rectangle Font Parallel Symmetry Brand

inside pages

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

These are very rough mockups, but should give you some idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Mofistos advice makes sense, quality advice right there.

I am pretty rammed with work in the dayjob and freelance at the moment so obv that takes priority but if you keep the thread updated I'm more than happy to help also.

You can buy your domain name on 123 reg but I wouldn't bother using the email system, its a pain in my experience. With your domain you get like 500 free email addresses, just create one and then have it forward to your personal account (I use gmail) - its pretty easy to then set gmail up to reply and send emails from your new email address too.

The name is fantastic and I'm sure if you put passion and hard work into it you will do well. Just remember - "work hard and be nice to people"

And the vast majority of your work will come from word of mouth and referrals, especially in the early stages. And I imagine your going to be targeting the local area - get a nice Facebook business page made (its free) and use it to show your work and what your working on, also use it to inform. So show people what your doing and why, possibly give out tips and examples. One company I'm impressed with recently in doing this is PumaBuild.

Feel free to pm me if you need help outside of the thread. I imagine the same goes for many others too.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I'm honoured - fingers crossed for you buddy. Some good advice above re: layout of your leaflet and e-mail address. I never use a business that has a hotmail address, I just think it's a little bit unprofessional. You look the part much more if you have an e-mail that matches your business name

1 - 20 of 45 Posts