Ford Focus ST Forum banner
341 - 360 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
I took delivery of four boxes this week. Something for each corner of my Focus.

For now it's stood in front of the wheel on the car. Makes it look bigger, but it is the same size as the old one. My tyres still have plenty of life in them.

The old wheels will be for sale when these are fitted. They are in very good condition and have never been kerbed. I will give them a thorough clean first.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 · (Edited)
Another year, another MOT passed today. Less than 1500 miles since last year. That's RS territory!

I need to get the o/s inner driveshaft gaiter replaced soon. Last year it was the nearside inner. I think I will book it in when I pick it up as these things are easily forgotten.

Update:

Just been told the CV joint is clunking and it would be best to replace the driveshaft. ******. More pennies from the pot.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
I beat you Nigel, less than 400 miles for me 😋
I think my Brother's RS did 210 miles since last year. 15 of which were when he met me for breakfast a couple of weeks ago. Not to mention how many it did on a dyno day in April.

I have offered to help him put a few more miles on it...

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 · (Edited)
The Mk3 Focus RS brakes never made it on to my car, but these V-Maxx 330cm 4 pot ones have.

No messing around with spacers/studs (plenty of room under my wheels) or drilling out bolt holes in the hub. The kit was easy to fit and the brake pipes swapped over easy peasey. They were simple to bleed as well.

First impressions are good. Plenty of stopping power. Nice pedal feel and they are lighter then the OEM setup, especially the calipers.

Edit 26/08/2022:

I realised that I'd got the discs on the wrong sides. It's not the pad cleaning grooves on the outside you need to pay heed to, rather the cooling vanes in the middle (if they are directional). Some manufacturers have the grooves and vanes going the same way (V Maxx) and others opposite (K Sport). Which ever way, the cooling vanes need to point backwards to push out the hot air using the centrifugal force of the disc spinning forwards. Only took me less then a hour to swap them over. Updated the picture too.

Read here for all the info (like I should have!): Performance Brake Blog - How To Install A Set Of Performance Brake Rotors | Cquence.net

Attachments

341 - 360 of 365 Posts