Ford Focus ST Forum banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,340 Posts
With standard wheels I believe you'll need 20mm spacers as with the conversion I've done. Then with the 5mm behind the disc as well, it may push the wheels out a bit too far.

·
Registered
ST225 - CP340
1,261 Posts
I have ET45 18" on mine and there's clearance (not a lot but there is clearance) - that's with custom discs though so no need for the 5mm spacer.
Interesting to see how it all fits together - still a pretty rare setup on the mk2!!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Today I test fitted a wheel over a brake disc with a caliper fitted, with pads inserted and am glad to say it fitted with no need for a spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 · (Edited)
After a few days of piloting the Mini, today I broke the ST from under the covers and took it on the daily commute. Thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Very different car and driving experience to the Mini.

I know why have kept this car for 8 years, with hopefully a few more to come.

No. The brakes haven't been fitted, yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,604 Posts
I got the ST on the dyno today and it did well:

293 bhp and 345 lb ft, with a very wide power band.

A few more ponies would have broken the 300 mark, but that's life (not to mention Collins' sales speel). The car drives well.
Is that running cp”320” ?( cancel that I have taken the time to read your thread lol ) the company I used when I did my dyno said the most that they have got on standard injectors was 308 and that car had a brand new turbo , so 293 is very respectable 🥰

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 · (Edited)
I will post up a scan of the dyno graph when I get time.

The graph reflects the way the car drives. A large smooth power band, however the turbo runs out of puff over 5750 rpm (which you would expect because it's at it's safe limit). The K04 is ultimately a better match to a 2.0 four cylinder engine.

Do I still feel cheated that Collins used 320 in their advertising? Certainly. Though I stand by the above comments about how the car drives.

I made a decision a while back, rather than chasing more power from the Focus I'd spend my money on a second fun car with differing characteristics. My Mini is that.

The best of both worlds, until I get double the number of bills!

321 - 340 of 365 Posts