Ford Focus ST Forum banner
601 - 620 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Just a little job today. The original aerial is well past it, and as they're only £13 it would be daft not to.
Rectangle Purple Natural material Plant Magenta

Purple Violet Font Material property Magenta

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tar Wood

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
I got to it this weekend with fitting the new forge actuator. Bit of a pain in the **** but a few banjo bolts out made things easier.
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

First off I removed all the obstructions, scuttle panel, crossover and heat sheild.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

A bit of wiggling around and it was out.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grass Tire

Unfortunately the rubber hose that goes between the actuator and boost solenoid broke while I was trying to get it off the actuator leaving it about an inch to short.
Nowhere local has any 4mm vacuum hose, Halfords only had 3mm and 5mm so I've had to resort to Amazon in the hope it will be here sometime today.
Anyway I carried on fitting the new actuator and setting the pre load. I didn't get any pictures of this as I was already annoyed due to the hose breaking.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
Well I was hoping to get this done during the week but bad weather and being too busy meant it was pushed back until today.
Jacked the st up and took the arch liner off to get better access to the boost solenoid and fit the new length of vacuum hose.
While I was messing about I gave the crossover another try, I've bought several different angled silicone hoses and finally got it to fit. Unfortunately when I came to fit the MAF harness 2 of the wires fell out.
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Thankfully I have a set of wiring terminal keys so managed to remove the rest of the wires and re pin the connection.
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
My new bonnet arrived yesterday, I gave an ebay pre painted special a chance thinking it couldn't be any worse than whats fitted.
Sent them the paint code and registration and this came on a pallet. I was pleasantly surprised that the colour match is very good and paint finsh is decent too. While it's off the car I've given it a ceramic coating as well.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I also ordered a new trim piece as removing the old one would probably damage it, then thers the whole removing the double sided tape and re applying it.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Plant Wood

And painted.
Wood Fixture Automotive exterior Bumper Composite material

Now the reason for the new bonnet, while the st was off the road (around 5 months) it sat on my drive under a tree so was under a cover for a few months. I know, I want my backside kicking but being unsure if I was keeping it I couldn't be bothered washing it every few days. While the rest of the car came out unscathed the paint on the bonnet was ruined. As secure as the cover was (wasn't cheap and was a proper fitted one) dust and **** still found its way under as did moisture. This combined with some very strong winds left lots of deep scratches and blistering which when I tried to polish them out only made things worse. All I could do to prevent what was left of the paint flaking off was to go over it with a rattle can and touch up pen to hold it all in place.
Water Liquid Fluid Grey Fixture

Road surface Water Grey Rectangle Asphalt

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Asphalt

Hopefully the weather stays nice this weekend and I can get it fitted.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My new bonnet arrived yesterday, I gave an ebay pre painted special a chance thinking it couldn't be any worse than whats fitted.
Sent them the paint code and registration and this came on a pallet. I was pleasantly surprised that the colour match is very good and paint finsh is decent too. While it's off the car I've given it a ceramic coating as well.
View attachment 906879
I also ordered a new trim piece as removing the old one would probably damage it, then thers the whole removing the double sided tape and re applying it.
View attachment 906880
And painted.
View attachment 906881
Now the reason for the new bonnet, while the st was off the road (around 5 months) it sat on my drive under a tree so was under a cover for a few months. I know, I want my backside kicking but being unsure if I was keeping it I couldn't be bothered washing it every few days. While the rest of the car came out unscathed the paint on the bonnet was ruined. As secure as the cover was (wasn't cheap and was a proper fitted one) dust and **** still found its way under as did moisture. This combined with some very strong winds left lots of deep scratches and blistering which when I tried to polish them out only made things worse. All I could do to prevent what was left of the paint flaking off was to go over it with a rattle can and touch up pen to hold it all in place.
View attachment 906882
View attachment 906883
View attachment 906884
View attachment 906885
Hopefully the weather stays nice this weekend and I can get it fitted.
Hi Steve
Why not just get the original bonnet painted

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #618 ·
Hi Steve
Why not just get the original bonnet painted
I dont see what difference it makes, but I'm using it as my daily while I'm working on the puma.
Its far more effort to take the bonnet off, somehow get it to a body shop, have the car sat outside and being driven around in the rain with no bonnet for however long it takes. And the original bonnet isnt in the best condition with bits of rust underneath.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
I found these in my garage this afternoon.
Gas Wood Electrical wiring Machine Wire

They've been sat on a shelf in a box of stuff since October last year.
Anyway, decided to finish off the 302mm rear brake upgrade. I fit the new sliders and boots and ordered the mk3 rs rear discs and a new set of pads.
Unfortunately being sat in a box of junk for so and moved about every so often the paint was scratched and chipped so I've had to touch it up and looks a bit of a mess, although once fitted it won't be noticed (hopefully).
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Orange Amber Asphalt

601 - 620 of 637 Posts