Ford Focus ST Forum banner
601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Just a little job today. The original aerial is well past it, and as they're only £13 it would be daft not to.
Rectangle Purple Natural material Plant Magenta

Purple Violet Font Material property Magenta

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tar Wood

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
I got to it this weekend with fitting the new forge actuator. Bit of a pain in the **** but a few banjo bolts out made things easier.
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

First off I removed all the obstructions, scuttle panel, crossover and heat sheild.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

A bit of wiggling around and it was out.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grass Tire

Unfortunately the rubber hose that goes between the actuator and boost solenoid broke while I was trying to get it off the actuator leaving it about an inch to short.
Nowhere local has any 4mm vacuum hose, Halfords only had 3mm and 5mm so I've had to resort to Amazon in the hope it will be here sometime today.
Anyway I carried on fitting the new actuator and setting the pre load. I didn't get any pictures of this as I was already annoyed due to the hose breaking.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
Well I was hoping to get this done during the week but bad weather and being too busy meant it was pushed back until today.
Jacked the st up and took the arch liner off to get better access to the boost solenoid and fit the new length of vacuum hose.
While I was messing about I gave the crossover another try, I've bought several different angled silicone hoses and finally got it to fit. Unfortunately when I came to fit the MAF harness 2 of the wires fell out.
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Thankfully I have a set of wiring terminal keys so managed to remove the rest of the wires and re pin the connection.
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

601 - 615 of 615 Posts