Ford Focus ST Forum banner
581 - 600 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
You got the same problem as me. Hope you get it sorted as i'm still trying to find a solution without using a small extension.
I do have a 90° extension for the o2 sensor if it throws up the eml, but I never had the problem with the decat fitted (if that's what you're on about). As for the puma 4 branch I'm having to extend the o2 sensor wiring, but not sure whether to extend the sensor wiring, the ford wiring loom or make an extension harnes to go between the two.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
843 Posts
I do have a 90° extension for the o2 sensor if it throws up the eml, but I never had the problem with the decat fitted (if that's what you're on about). As for the puma 4 branch I'm having to extend the o2 sensor wiring, but not sure whether to extend the sensor wiring, the ford wiring loom or make an extension harnes to go between the two.
Ah i was on about the cat to manifold on the third picture. I've seen the size extenders so you can have 2" to 3".
I would extend from the loom to be honest with the o2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 ·
AHH ok, the 4 branch manifold is for my 1.7 puma it's was just there when taking the pictures so thought it would be funny to compare the sizes between them.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
The OE brake setup looks much better and the bonus is you can ditch the spacers too.

What was it specifically about the E38 Brembos you didn't get on with?
The spacers, couldn't stand how it changed the handling. Its hard to describe but just felt fidgety.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
The spacers, couldn't stand how it changed the handling. Its hard to describe but just felt fidgety.
Probably because they cause positive camber when turning, also the bumps from even minor uneven road surfaces get amplified through the steering wheel when the track width is widened. There is quite a lot of information available online and the negatives of wheel spacers invariably outweigh the positives.

Hopefully you can sell the lot on and recoup some of your money.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 ·
I already wasn't a fan of using them but thought it would be worth the sacrifice to have better braking. While the braking was better, the way it felt on spacers compared to how it was before and how I had become accustomed to ruined it for me. It's also one of the reasons the hunt for a puma sped up and why the st sat for best part of 6 months. Anyway after fitting the old brakes I took it for a quick spin and it was back to the st I loved.
Washed and ready for tomorrow.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

581 - 600 of 615 Posts