Ford Focus ST Forum banner
561 - 580 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
The ECU screws into the back of the plastic holder and the front clips on. Mine was fine until I removed the ECU when doing the head rebuild, after that it wouldn't clip together as tightly.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
The ECU screws into the back of the plastic holder and the front clips on. Mine was fine until I removed the ECU when doing the head rebuild, after that it wouldn't clip together as tightly.
Like this ,
Mine doesn’t rattle

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
I haven't done much with the st lately, the mot ran out a couple of weeks back and I've been waiting for some decent weather to get the sports cat fitted then send it for it's mot.

Well to add to the sports cat I've ordered a forge actuator as I think the standard one is starting to struggle with mod X rs.
Product Azure Sleeve Aqua Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

So in preparation I've been making my own tool to set the actuator correctly. It's a bit heath robinson but I've tested it and does work correctly.
It started life as a home made k jetronic fuel system pressure tester and an old gunson easy bleed kit. The 100 psi gauge is a bit ott, but I've ordered a 15psi gauge which hopefully will be here tomorrow.
Body jewelry Jewellery Silver Cable Wire

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I haven't done much with the st lately, the mot ran out a couple of weeks back and I've been waiting for some decent weather to get the sports cat fitted then send it for it's mot.

Well to add to the sports cat I've ordered a forge actuator as I think the standard one is starting to struggle with mod X rs.
View attachment 905237
View attachment 905238
So in preparation I've been making my own tool to set the actuator correctly. It's a bit heath robinson but I've tested it and does work correctly.
It started life as a home made k jetronic fuel system pressure tester and an old gunson easy bleed kit. The 100 psi gauge is a bit ott, but I've ordered a 15psi gauge which hopefully will be here tomorrow.
View attachment 905239
Just out of interest what makes you think the actuator is tiring? Would be very interested to see how the new one works, and why you chose the Forge one over the alternatives?

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
I don't know, but it's not holding boost like it used to. After checking all the hoses, boost pipes, vacuum hoses and recirc valve I checked the movement on the actuator rod and it moved far easier than it used to. I'm assuming it's opening up and bleeding off boost earlier than it should.
I went for forge with the purple spring as that's what dreamscience recommended for mod X rs.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 · (Edited)
Ok so this is well over due, time to get the st sorted and back on the road. I've ordered some new gaskets for the sports cat so hopefully they will arrive next week. But while I'm waiting for those to arrive I've started on the standard calipers. While they were in good condition when taken off, there's always room for improvement. So I've striped them down cleaned them up and prepping them for painting, then will rebuild them with new seals pistons and sliders.
Blue Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle Art

I've cleaned up the pad retaining springs with a wire wheel and will then rust treat them.
Wood Composite material Flooring Fashion accessory Rectangle

Being able to split the caliper will make painting much easier, and navigating around the piston won't be quite as painful.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Great improvised use of a motorcycle saddle 😂
It's the temporary work bench while the main bench is covered with tools and bits.

First few parts painted to match the rear 302mm disc setup. I used a wax crayon to cover the areas where the pad slides, hopefully the paint should just peel off.
Wood Saw Tool Font Line

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
Ok so with a bit of luck and if the weather is ok, I'll get the new sports cat fitted tomorrow then get it booked in for it's mot.
Tool Gun barrel Revolver Metal Trigger

And just for a laugh, look at the size difference in pipe diameter between the st and the 4 branch manifold for the puma.
Bicycle part Tool Automotive exhaust Bumper Auto part

Audio equipment Bicycle part Circle Auto part Jewellery

561 - 580 of 615 Posts