Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says has my car had an acciedent and been replaced with a different colour or is the bumper and diff colour shade to the rest of the car???

·
Registered
649 Posts
plastic is always a slightly different shade to the metal work. if its realy bad it may have been painted.

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,188 Posts
Orange or silver would be the most noticeable but most plastics are slightly different shades to the metal panels around them.

The front bumper on my black ST used to be blue, you can see traces on its insides, but there's 1000s of reasons you'd need to change a bumper and the car shows no signs of impact at the front.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't think I've ever seen a focus (ST or otherwise) with a matching front bumper, unless it's black or Orange (and then Orange can be alittile iffy)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My orange colour match is absolutely terrible. The front bumper is darker and the side skirts are lighter. Only notice it in strip lighting with white coloured lights but it looks terrible under them. Never noticed it for 5 months having the car until I stuck it in the garage!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mate it's normal

I own a moondust silver st and although I love the colour the different shades between the front bumper and wings are absoluty terrible ,

The bumper is near on grey compared to the rest of the silver car and I have also had the paint thickness check and it hasn't been resprayed that's the best ford could do !!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine's the same (blue), the front bumper is way off the wings, looks way darker yet the rear bumper is perfect??

Getting re-sprayed anyway.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Surely when you bought the car you paid the measly 20 quid to have a hpi check done?!
Why would this have made any difference, the HPI search will not have detailed any minor/moderate repair, it will only detail if the car has been a total loss.

Re the bumpers being a different colour, they are all like that as the bumpers are painted separately(different location) to the rest of the car

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
My last eo was terrible, the side skirts looked almost yellow. Even my current frozen white looks like its got different shades on the bumpers, to be honest Id be more concerned if it all matched up

·
Registered
30 Posts
I noticed this when I was looking for my car
Go to the auto trader website and have a look at the ST ads
Most proberly harder to find one that matches that one that don't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts