Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my car a few weeks ago and it came with these mudflaps on, but theyre starting to go funny and bend and dont look very good but id like a new set of them as i like them they just look a little 'tacky' in their condition, theyre made out of rubber and have the ST logo on them, ive had a look around and cant seem to find any the same as these anywhere, the only ones i can find are the plastic ones without the logo, which i dont really want.

heres a pic of them....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I have never seen any for sale with the ST logo on, generally due to Ford not letting anyone else use the ST logo. I would just get some then get someone like DMB Graphics to make up some decals to stick on.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
they look like a standard kaylan set someone has placed the ST stickers on to mate .
you could just get a new set off e bay or torquesteer then go to dmb graphics and get the ST badges made to fit the mudguards .

hope this helps you mate.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i thought about that too, but i cant find just the rubber mudlaps though....lol ive seen the same style of mudflaps on mk1 rs's with the 'rs' logo on but cant fidn them eitherQUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 3 Jan 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they look like a standard kaylan set someone has placed the ST stickers on to mate .you could just get a new set off e bay or torquesteer then go to dmb graphics and get the ST badges made to fit the mudguards .hope this helps you mate.sorry to sound stupid but is kaylan a rubber type of material as these are definatly a rubber material and are quite thick too

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
there on e bay at moment as got a set myself due to this awfull weather wer haveing ,or go to torqusteers site they do them .if u use torqusteers site there under focus ST 05 onwards,interior /exterior but DONT get the smaller ones they do as i done that and they look pathetic as there so small , i ended up returning mine to them .theres two kinds of sets KAYLAN /pvc ...KAYLAN are supposed to be better wearing but are quite expensive ,i just got the pvc ones which look exactly the same as KAYLAN to me .
in answer to your question they are like rubber ,and are aprox 3-4 mm thick.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok then if the kaylan ones are like rubber then ill probably go for them and get the little st logos made up as i quite like them with it on
thanks guys

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i can only find the kaylan ones in orange but i want black so ill just have to see how the standard ones work out, also....theyre pretty expensive just for mudlfaps ent they lol especially the kaylan ones @ £99.99!
lol

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 3 Jan 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i can only find the kaylan ones in orange but i want black so ill just have to see how the standard ones work out, also....theyre pretty expensive just for mudlfaps ent they lol especially the kaylan ones @ £99.99!
lol
The ones Torquesteer do are Rallyflapz, they used to be availaible with the ST logo on in a choice of colours but like said above Ford have clamped down on the use of the ST logo.

I can't see any advantage with spending the extra money for the Kaylan ones unless you want the colour-coded ones, mine are the PVC version and have lasted for over 3 years now with no problems. For what you actually get for your money with the PVC ones no way I'd be paying anything more for them!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh right that the rallyflapz ones sound like mine then if they used to have the st logo on, shame i cant get any more like it
anyone know how to restore them if its possible? lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
As in go and buy a set from your Ford Dealer, that will fit a Focus, then buy some Primer and re-spray it to the same colour as you car (or whatever colour you like) then buy ST logos from ebay/dmb etc etc and stick them on too ! might look good !!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ah i see, i don't think ford do the same style ones that i have do they? i just want them black with the logos, good idea though

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
only one problem with that ....fords do not make them for the ST and standard focus ones will not fit due to the bodykit etc etc .

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah think im going to, i saw an st like mine with them the other day and it looked alright

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 3 Jan 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>only one problem with that ....fords do not make them for the ST and standard focus ones will not fit due to the bodykit etc etc .
Yep, that's the case sadly.

Anyone want to buy a set of 05 Focus front mudflaps? taken out of the bag but never fitted lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts