Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my mud flaps fitted at fords the other day while they done me tyres.
now when i steer right i can hear a rubing.ive tried turning the wheel while staitionery but couldnt see the wheel touching.any body had problems at all .
got them from teamtorqsteer. has any one got pics of the wheel arch where they are fixed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
had my mud flaps fitted at fords the other day while they done me tyres.
now when i steer right i can hear a rubing.ive tried turning the wheel while staitionery but couldnt see the wheel touching.any body had problems at all .
got them from teamtorqsteer. has any one got pics of the wheel arch where they are fixed.
Not able to help but dont suppose you have any pictures you could post have you? I want some but haven't found any that I like the look of.

Cheers

Wiggy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds to me like they are rubbing on the road and not the bodywork. I had mine fitted at the same time as the Eibach's and I had to trim them down considerably at the front as every time I went round a corner you could hear them rubbing on the road ! Try trimming the fronts down in small increments and see if that cures the problem

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds to me like they are rubbing on the road and not the bodywork. I had mine fitted at the same time as the Eibach's and I had to trim them down considerably at the front as every time I went round a corner you could hear them rubbing on the road ! Try trimming the fronts down in small increments and see if that cures the problem
do they go big ones at front small at back ?

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
No, just a case of trimming them down. I've got the Kaylan Black ones from Team Torquesteer. Great product but make sure you have a VERY sharp knife and a metal ruler when you're trimming them down. It's a bit trial and error, just do it in small 5mm strips as if you cut too much it will look rubbish and provide no protection

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had that problem on my megane that i fitted my own mudflaps to. It is beacause they are too low and as you corner the oposite side to where you are turning will scrape the floor. As mentioned before just triim a bit at a time and it will be sorted. Bear in mind to allow for when the car is fully laden or it will start over again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is your car lowered? if so they will rub on the tarmac so as above you`ll need to trim some off.

Took about an inch off mine - no more problems.

Have some pics if you need - let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts