Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n gals,

Can anyone tell how much difference a remap (such as dream science or bluefin) makes to the MPG compared to the standard
????

Not that it will influence me getting one, gonna order my dsci next month

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Dependant on the map you are running, DSCI for me drinks fuel at 17-18mpg, however Perf+ is excellent and gets me upto 24-25mpg. My stock map gives approx 22mpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
Personally mine went up slightly when i remaped....but I see no difference in mpg when changing from map to map - if you want more mpg, drive slower

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I think mines has suffered since fitting Mountune....

But thats more likely because it now drives like I want it to and the exhaust sounds even better when hamering it so my foot seems to have suddenly put on a few lbs

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
At first it will go down till you get over the WOW factor. Then its slightly better. Im running Mod C atm and getting 2mpg more than i was at standard, I average 24mpg.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'd Agree with Shaggy.The wow factor certainly has a massive influence on it initially.

I've just got the DSCI tuning platform on my
without any other Mods and so after the initial 'wow' splurge I get around the following:

Highest and lowest tank averages achieved so far per map:

Race + / DSCI = 19-24 mpg
Race = 22 - 25 mpg
Perf + = 25 - 27 mpg
Perf = 26.5 - 29.5 mpg
Stock = 25 - 30 mpg

Total Average since DSCI purchase = 27.92 mpg.

I generally use Perf or Perf + in the week and use Race and above on the weekends when I have more free time for 'fun'.

One note here tho, I do alot of motorway and dual carriage way driving which really helps keep the mpg low. In experience the biggest drain seems to be fluctuations in speed. A solid 60 or 70 (dependant or road) seems to produce the best economy.

Also one horrible thing i realised is that at 56 - 58 mph in 6th is the sweet spot for optimum mpg when cruising.

reading this back I think there are going to be lot of people who are going to be absolutley disgusted with the level of detail I have examined this too!

Can you tell I work in data analytics?!

In all honesty the best advice is just to ignore it and enjoy yourself!

A remapped ST will be just as managable as an non-mapped. Provided you don't ruin yourself fincancially or kill yourself driving like a Maroon things can't be that bad.

R

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Mogsy.uk @ 23 Feb 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd Agree with Shaggy.The wow factor certainly has a massive influence on it initially.

I've just got the DSCI tuning platform on my
without any other Mods and so after the initial 'wow' splurge I get around the following:

Highest and lowest tank averages achieved so far per map:

Race + / DSCI = 19-24 mpg
Race = 22 - 25 mpg
Perf + = 25 - 27 mpg
Perf = 26.5 - 29.5 mpg
Stock = 25 - 30 mpg

Total Average since DSCI purchase = 27.92 mpg.

I generally use Perf or Perf + in the week and use Race and above on the weekends when I have more free time for 'fun'.

One note here tho, I do alot of motorway and dual carriage way driving which really helps keep the mpg low. In experience the biggest drain seems to be fluctuations in speed. A solid 60 or 70 (dependant or road) seems to produce the best economy.

Also one horrible thing i realised is that at 56 - 58 mph in 6th is the sweet spot for optimum mpg when cruising.

reading this back I think there are going to be lot of people who are going to be absolutley disgusted with the level of detail I have examined this too!

Can you tell I work in data analytics?!

In all honesty the best advice is just to ignore it and enjoy yourself!

A remapped ST will be just as managable as an non-mapped. Provided you don't ruin yourself fincancially or kill yourself driving like a Maroon things can't be that bad.

R

Thanks for your post, (even if it was worryingly detailed!!!). All I can say is that even with the remap its going to be a hell of a lot better on fuel than my previous car
, so eibachs now then remap next month

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be honest you can't win. The ST just drinks fuel end of, map or no map, slow or fast it makes next to no difference. It maybe diesel time if your worried about fuel ecomomy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(geesta @ 23 Feb 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be honest you can't win. The ST just drinks fuel end of, map or no map, slow or fast it makes next to no difference. It maybe diesel time if your worried about fuel ecomomy.

Not worried at all mate, my previous car was a subaru impreza sti, my average mpg in that was 12 mpg!!!! The
is much better, I only asked out of curiosity. I would agree that
s are not the best
, but theyre far from the worst

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a V3 STI it didn't matter if I drove slow or fast and I really worried about mpg so brought a diesel instead. I soon longed for boooooooooooost so choped it in for the ST.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The STi's really are bad on fuel, oh well at least we can both have loadsa fun in the
,s and not worry quite so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting question.

I've just remapped mine with Race+ and I was getting under 14mpg...not entirely sure what the crack is there, but I've never got over 20mpg standard. With perf+ I get 17~

·
Registered
93 Posts
WHO CARES

drive car put petrol in drive car some more put petrol in

for every litre of fuel you put in the st its less money you have to spend on beer **** fatty food etc

its like the ultimate healthy living aid

i found last week when i had a deisel i ended up spending just as much on deisel as i did on petrol mainly because everyone expects a lift coz you drive a taxi

anyway

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(stant0s @ 23 Feb 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Interesting question.

I've just remapped mine with Race+ and I was getting under 14mpg...not entirely sure what the crack is there, but I've never got over 20mpg standard. With perf+ I get 17~

How do you drive?????

You must have a lead foot to get that. I blasted around the Lake District last weekend and got nowhere near as low as 14!

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(bod75 @ 23 Feb 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not worried at all mate, my previous car was a subaru impreza sti, my average mpg in that was 12 mpg!!!! The
is much better, I only asked out of curiosity. I would agree that
s are not the best
, but theyre far from the worst

I never bothered to check what my Scooby was running but i bet it was a lot worse than my

1 - 20 of 29 Posts