Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be one of those dim person threads but here goes:

Do spark plugs affect mpg? I was running about 26.8 mpg and have been for ages (lots of 60mph to and from work) and since i have the plugs done and a full service, its dropped to 25.9 and is still falling. Normal?

Are there any power mods out there that can improve mpg? I heard that fuel might be going up as high as 125ppl this summer which would kill me lol

Thanks

·
Registered
825 Posts
This might be one of those dim person threads but here goes:

Do spark plugs affect mpg? I was running about 26.8 mpg and have been for ages (lots of 60mph to and from work) and since i have the plugs done and a full service, its dropped to 25.9 and is still falling. Normal?

Are there any power mods out there that can improve mpg? I heard that fuel might be going up as high as 125ppl this summer which would kill me lol

Thanks
When cars had points and Carburetors (showing my age) if the spark plug gap was out then yes you could see a mpg difference... now having never physically seen a spark plug in 14 years, and having never seen the spark plugs off a car with electronic fuel injection... I couldnt say with authority...

·
Registered
484 Posts
i doubt it would make a differance 1mpg aint alot tbh.

you could get the car mapped for fuel econemy , some people actually see gains in mpg from performance mapping if you can resist the temptation to use your right foot.

Focus ST's and MPG dont go hand in hand tbh, 2.5 5pot turbo! none of these words suggest fuel effiecent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts