Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

What sort of MPG are you guys getting with just a remap no other mods?

Does MPG improve with everyday driving or is it worse??

·
Registered
49 Posts
When i went up to Mountune MP260 the MPG was slightly better, also the Engine went better as well, very noticable, when overtalking, but when i went further up to MP290, I lost what little i had gained on the 260,but the Engine Rev`s better under load, or pull`s away loads better.
i also changed the Dash Leds from the daft... dull white, which was all common in1950, to 1975, to modern looking Blue, i left the Computer Red as it was, same idea as VW.
So my MPG is back to almost square 1, not any worse, 290 is a better Set up for me, as im located in the Remote Highlands of Scotland, where its very Hilly, no Motorway, so the MP290 shoots up the Mountain Roads better than before.
So, i found, a bit of Tunning is fine, its the way forward.. not a problem..
all the best for 2013
regards Shonnie

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
It goes down but it's worth it. Only way it's slightly better is when on a lonnngggggg journey and crusing and being gentle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
haven't paid attention to mine had the car 3 months and still driving it like I just brought it, cant help it makes me smile everytime must be the Bluefin stage 2 and turbo back lol I blame the pops and bangs brings the child out in me

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you modify your car you are always going to drive a little harder, so stands to reason your mpg will drop

·
Registered
460 Posts
Around 22mpg running DSCi , some town driving & 25 mile dual carriageway trips most days. Mpg never bothers me with the
, but as stated above even though its been remapped for months it still puts a smile on my face so can't help giving it a booting most days

Sorry just re-read the post , mine has other mods ... D'oh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts