Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, im new on here.
will soon be getting my new ST3 on march 1st

looking into getting it chiped after a few months and was wondering what the MPG is like after a chip.

i no there are many chips out there so any help and advice would be great on any chip!

thanks Ben

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
mine didnt really change. obv it will drink more due to you driving a little harder at times but day to day driving it was the same...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 23 Jan 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine didnt really change. obv it will drink more due to you driving a little harder at times but day to day driving it was the same...

sounds good what chip do you have?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Am running DS Race+, If i dont drive it like i stole it, the fuel consumption hovers around 26-27 MPG, Drive it hard and its about half that. I would say its actually a very slight improvement in fuel consumption with the remap installed than it is normally (When driven sensibly).

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hi I've got dreamscience Mod-c and fuelled it up in Ayr today,drove to Glasgow for a bit of shopping then back home via Irvine and averaged 34mpg,
so I reckon its much the same-ish.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
QUOTE(jim g @ 23 Jan 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi I've got dreamscience Mod-c and fuelled it up in Ayr today,drove to Glasgow for a bit of shopping then back home via Irvine and averaged 34mpg,
so I reckon its much the same-ish.

, jim you are allowed to use the pedal on the right.

mine's doing 19 now

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 23 Jan 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine didnt really change. obv it will drink more due to you driving a little harder at times but day to day driving it was the same...

+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts