Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Guys & Girls

After another member pointed me to this on eBay I have been speaking with a company called Performance Ford RSA which has developed a new Plenum for the Focus RS/ST

An increase of between 2-5kw can be expected and an increase of torque of between 5-10NM can also be expected.

If you visit the companies website there is a full dyno graph of the development car which had the following modifications added

Induction Kit
Full Exhaust
Down pipe Change
De-cat
Remap

I have already asked if other finishes were available and If the bolts in the top of the unit could be changed to maybe stainless steel and also what the lead time would be,

The unit is cast from a top quality aluminum which once completed and assembled is pressure tested to 3bar which is ample as no one will ever boost that high.
Everybody basically wanted the Matt black with red letters as a finish because it matches the engine compartments color scheme so i went with that as the standard colors of the end product.
I suppose I would consider other colors depending on the choice.
The bolts are that Matt color off the shelf so in my color scheme it matched up perfectly.

I will then have to go to the foundry to place the order for the units to be cast and to see how busy they are, if they can cast immediately then I would give them 3 to 4 days.
Once I have the casts then it must go to the machine shop to be machined that should take 4 to 5 days once that is completed the assembly, color and pressure test would take place, So in a nut-shell, if everything goes without a hitch, one can say 2 and a half to 3 weeks or so before shipping.
I know it sounds long but believe me there is quite a lot of work involved until the final product.

Due to manufacturing cost the best price that I can squeeze out for you guys are £250 pounds inclusive of vat, but excluding shipment.
The more people interested in it[more than 10]could possibly lead to a better price.

Here is a link to the development car on the dyno with the plenum fitted

http://www.youtube.c...c.1.HuY2-vuA5IA

Here is the link to the manufacturer where all the information is regarding the dyno results including the graphs of the development car

http://www.fordperformance.co.za/ EDIT BY RICH - HAD REPORTS OF THIS LINK CONTAINING SOME SORT OF MALWARE. AM UNABLE TO CONFIRM BUT PLEASE CLICK WITH CAUTION

So basically we need 10 members to commit to buy this new product to get it for a better price, any less than 10 and the price is £250 plus postage which even at that price is very competitive compared to other plenums currently available.
Once I have the 10 members I will then go back to the manufacturer and negotiate a better price depending on how many are required.

I am going to leave this running for a period of time as I know this close to Xmas everyone is tapped out and money may be a little tight till at least January, at this stage I am just looking to gauge interest

Please start a list any questions please PM me and I will do my best to get the answer for you

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Whats the import duty gonna be Mike?
Things from SA are usually great value until customs gets a hold of them

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Speed. IE is horrendously slow and I really hate the interface. Little things like the address/search bar is really handy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't like the look of it too much, looks a bit cheap and plasticy but for that price suppose it's justified. I'd probably be interested.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me with shipping costs

As Lee said the import tax may make it no cheaper than 1 of the many already available which isn't good news

Me being stupid didn't realize it was coming from South America

1 - 19 of 19 Posts