Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,i'm thinking of going the mountune route,i've looked at there website and read the stats detailing the difference between a stock st and the mountuned version but what do you guys that have the conversion think? where does the extra power come within the rev range? does the re map get rid of the torque limiting in first and second?
any general thoughts on the conversion would be welcomed,basically i'm just trying to talk myself into spending the extra cash!

thanks in advance,
ian.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The mountune conversion is very well thought of and does make a big improvement on the stock ST. It won't get rid of the torque limits in the lower gears but may relax them.

For more info put Mountune into the searchbox and you'll have all the info you'd ever need

·
Registered
419 Posts
Simple explanation is it's the same as the normal ST, but with more of everything. That's my best way of describing it but no doubt someone will be along soon.
Transforms the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have just changed from an ST2 to a ST2 that has had the full mountune conversion (inc exhaust) and I think that it was money well spent. The car accelerates faster in all gears, sounds better and looks better from the rear. Even the other half likes it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 20 Feb 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The mountune conversion is very well thought of and does make a big improvement on the stock ST. It won't get rid of the torque limits in the lower gears but may relax them.

For more info put Mountune into the searchbox and you'll have all the info you'd ever need

I think it does remove the torque limit in second but not first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts