Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondered if a Mountune turbo down pipe and Mountune sports cat would fit on ths
with the rest of the
exhaust cat back being standard
does any body know

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just wondered if a Mountune turbo down pipe and Mountune sports cat would fit on ths
with the rest of the
exhaust cat back being standard
does any body know

Yes it will!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But would you really want to and not just go the whole hogg??

Why? The cat back only adds a couple of BHP and usually loses you a tiny bit of torque! The only reason i shall change mine is when it rusts out! I like the lack of noise and the added "stealth" of the standard cat back!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 2 Feb 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? The cat back only adds a couple of BHP and usually loses you a tiny bit of torque! The only reason i shall change mine is when it rusts out! I like the lack of noise and the added "stealth" of the standard cat back!

just like you say dont like the noise and keeping the car in stealth mode, but thought by just changing the cat to a sports cat and upgrade the turbo down pipe, it might give me abit more poping and exhuast noise when putting the foot down

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 2 Feb 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just like you say dont like the noise and keeping the car in stealth mode, but thought by just changing the cat to a sports cat and upgrade the turbo down pipe, it might give me abit more poping and exhuast noise when putting the foot down

It makes it a little bit louder and definitely increases the bangs and pops! More importantly it helps keep the turbo cool by getting the hot gases out of it quicker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts