Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evenIng!I've been Reading posts on here that mountune people have had a mountune upgrade, was wondering how much people paid and if it's definitly worth getting!! Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
If your worried about your warranty then get a mountune, or get yourself a Code red or dreamscience handset and save a few quid.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not worried bout getting it as it's covered by ford warranty anyway!!just checking it's worth it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(hollingi @ 30 Jan 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not worried bout getting it as it's covered by ford warranty anyway!!just checking it's worth it!

What do you mean? How can any of us tell you if spending in excess of a grand to up the power of your car is worth your time and money? Drive a demonstrator, check your bank account and you need to decide if its worth it or not.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Right a more constructive answer than the above one.

If u have the money, which u obviously do or u wouldnt have mentioned about purchasing the kit, hell yes is it worth it im getting mine iminently, its such a great drive the power is progressive and isnt aggressive and in ur face, like DS, u keep ur warrenty if ur car is 57 plate or above. It takes ur car up to 260hp with 400nm torque and its quicker than the RS, as well as being a purer and more responsive drive over the RS.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongter...d_focus_rs.html

Another thing is mountune have been conservative with their figures so expect a tad more than u think. Ucan also mod it further with mountune with a cat back exhaust still retaining the warrenty, then u have the choice to get a mountune down pipe and cat, however u do then lose ur warrenty but u r looking at an extra 20 horses and nm or torque.

Hope this helps mate

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
In a word it's awesome! Drives like the standard car but a whole lot quicker and with buckets of torque in any gear! I think all the popular re-maps are good to be honest but I've only tried Mountune and am so impressed I don't feel I need to

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE(hollingi @ 30 Jan 2010, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not worried bout getting it as it's covered by ford warranty anyway!!just checking it's worth it!

Just to give my two pence, I have taken the plunge and I have the Mountune conversion and cat back exhaust on order. I have heard very good things about the Mountune and beyond the warranty benefit and everything being Ford approved, the Mountune is said to be more smooth as BenGy-ST pointed and less 'in your face' like DS can be.

Taking that into consideration its all about personal preference. I currently have DS on my ST, and the surge is just astounding especially when using Race+. Its great to show off to mates with as it turns the car into an uncontrollable torque-steery beast if you give it beans in 2nd or 3rd, and is probably akin to snorting an aftershock. Its very impressive and superb fun, but not totally practical.

Disclaimer:
- Do not try snorting aftershock
- Do not drive after either snorting or drinking aftershock, whether you have DS or not.

Please dont get me wrong I really enjoy the lunacy that DS gives and the flexibility with all those maps you can put on and take off on an otherwise unmodified car, however I would really like to get the smoothness that the standard ST map gives, but more grunt, and I hear that is exactly what the Mountune provides. I'm really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I started off with a Bluefin stage one and yes it was much faster, but I then went for the mountune kit and it again was a bit faster, but much nicer to drive, with less torque steer and a nicer torque curve. Pulls like a

I then went for the Mountune down pipe and sports cat and again, it has made quite a difference. Fair enough, its not kicking out 300BHP, but it feels like its pretty damn close.

The Mountune is a really good option if you want a powerful smooth car. I love it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you've still got lots of Warranty and a spare £1000 go for it mate - you won't regret it.

If you're out of or near the end of warranty you may get better value from other mods.

Best thing to do is drive a demo of each and see which you like best.

Don't know where you're based but I would look at Kernahans of Whitney near Oxford - excellent price and service!

Any specific questions feel free to PM!

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 30 Jan 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In a word it's awesome! Drives like the standard car but a whole lot quicker and with buckets of torque in any gear! I think all the popular re-maps are good to be honest but I've only tried Mountune and am so impressed I don't feel I need to

+ 1 Awesome

·
Registered
571 Posts
Getting my Mountune kit fitted tomorrow, so will report back with my thoughts.

Not getting the exhaust, will get that when i get the downpipe and sports cat done.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for not reply sooner but work did get in the way! Sounds like mountune is for me with everyone saying it drives like standard but even more there when you need it which is what i want!!! More power and aggresion without loosing anything from the car!! Plus I want to be more subtle in my changes! Right off to ford monday morn then for a price!! And im also based in cornwall!!! Luckily my bro is a mechanic at my local ford dealers!!!! loads of discount!!! well i do hope so anyway!! Can i ask how much you paid for your mountune?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
As others have said it is well worth it if your car is in warranty. If its not then you have a harder decision to make as there is more choice but for me I am well happy with the Mountune.Reading how the likes of DS is described I am happy as can be as it is verging on the edge of what I would be happy with in a 2wd car. Plenty of power and controlable!Just wish I could sneak in a downpipe and decat tho without buggering the warranty lol

Edit - Oops- main point of post completely missed - definately consider sticking eibachs on at the same time!!!Lets you play with all that power a little bit more

·
Registered
279 Posts
Once you fit mountune upgrade, does the clutch start slipping, as this is something I would look into if it is just £1200, but if you gotta spend £500 on rs clutch then i'm out

·
Registered
571 Posts
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 2 Feb 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Once you fit mountune upgrade, does the clutch start slipping, as this is something I would look into if it is just £1200, but if you gotta spend £500 on rs clutch then i'm out

None mate...And last night i took my motor up from stand still to 120, only for a few seconds

Im well impressed with it. I think you will find that the Mountune upgrade is made so things like this dont happen (i maybe wrong). Or i really dont think Ford would of give it the thumbs up, and keep your warranty.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 2 Feb 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Once you fit mountune upgrade, does the clutch start slipping, as this is something I would look into if it is just £1200, but if you gotta spend £500 on rs clutch then i'm out

Thats what I keep thinking.

Les

1 - 20 of 25 Posts