Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i was just wondering if there is any places in fife that do the mountune mp275 upgrade. Mountune hq is hundereds of miles away. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.
Colin

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,215 Posts
Hi all i was just wondering if there is any places in fife that do the mountune mp275 upgrade. Mountune hq is hundereds of miles away. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.m
Colin
How old is the car mate because the only advantage of the MP275 is its warranty friendly.

A lot of cheaper options out there which imo are far better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 2014 m8, i just wasnt wanting to affect the cars general quality of drive but was just looking for a wee bit more torque and power and thought this would be the safest bet as mountune seem to be the best rated for what i have read. Ive not got much knowledge of upgrades.

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,215 Posts
Its a 2014 mate, i just wasnt wanting to affect the cars general quality of drive but was just looking for a wee bit more torque and power and thought this would be the safest bet as mountune seem to be the best rated for what i have read. Ive not got much knowledge of upgrades.
On both my MK3's I ran a Bluefin stage 1 remap which cost me around £350 and compared to standard it was like night day and embarrassed many a faster car. Other good thing with Bluefin you can return it to std as often as you like via the handset.

Here's a link to look at

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwggx-23PihHcHhOdDFUaWlXUzQ/edit?pli=1

Collins, Pumaspeed, Revo all good Stage 1 maps and probably all around the £300ish mark as opposed to over £1100 for MP275

No brainier to me mate as the car is out of warranty :)

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
As above if the car is out of warranty you are paying over the odds for a little ceramic badge on the boot & paying the extra for the warranty compliance which is no longer relevant! There are many cheaper options around.

Just doing a very quick check on the web there looks to be a Falkland Performance Centre in Fife who are Dreamscience agents? Are they still around?

https://falkland.co.uk/dreamscience-motorsport-tuning-fife-scotland/

Failing that there is Sitech Racing in Fife as well who i know are definitely still around!

http://www.sitechracing.co.uk/

You look to be spoilt for choice!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On both my MK3's I ran a Bluefin stage 1 remap which cost me around £350 and compared to standard it was like night day and embarrassed many a faster car. Other good thing with Bluefin you can return it to std as often as you like via the handset.

Here's a link to look at

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwggx-23PihHcHhOdDFUaWlXUzQ/edit?pli=1

Collins, Pumaspeed, Revo all good Stage 1 maps and probably all around the £300ish mark as opposed to over £1100 for MP275

No brainier to me mate as the car is out of warranty :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that m8, i read that i would need another intercooler fitted. Or do you think its not required
As above if the car is out of warranty you are paying over the odds for a little ceramic badge on the boot & paying the extra for the warranty compliance which is no longer relevant! There are many cheaper options around.

Just doing a very quick check on the web there looks to be a Falkland Performance Centre in Fife who are Dreamscience agents? Are they still around?

Failing that there is Sitech Racing in Fife as well who i know are definitely still around!

Thanks m8,Yes falkland are still there, is dreamscience good

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
Personally I wouldn't use them - and I only live about 20 minutes from them - having had a bad experience with them in the past damaging my car. They are also not the best for general customer care either and have a habit of wanting to remove perfectly good upgrades on cars to fit their own replacements such as intercoolers & induction kits in the belief that theirs are 'better' than everyone else's. Which is a bit rich considering that things like their intercoolers are not even made by them but are rebranded ones from other suppliers anyway!

If I had a choice it would be Sitech any day helped by the fact that my old 500 had one of their first cast inlet plenums on & it was spot on. Plus it was one of the items DS suggested I get rid of as they told me it wasn't any better than the OEM plastic one - or one they could supply me for more money that the Sitech one cost!!

I've also heard conflicting stories about the intercooler on the Mk3. Some companies say it must be upgraded like the Mk2 in order to get better power. However after talking to Collins they say that the intercooler on the Mk3 is the same spec as the one fitted to the Mk2 RS therefore is good for 300bhp. In fact for their 300bhp upgrade they state an intercooler is not needed & I would be inclined to believe them. In fact when I get some money together shortly i will be taking my car to them for the 300bhp upgrade!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I wouldn't use them - and I only live about 20 minutes from them - having had a bad experience with them in the past damaging my car. They are also not the best for general customer care either and have a habit of wanting to remove perfectly good upgrades on cars to fit their own replacements such as intercoolers & induction kits in the belief that theirs are 'better' than everyone else's. Which is a bit rich considering that things like their intercoolers are not even made by them but are rebranded ones from other suppliers anyway!

If I had a choice it would be Sitech any day helped by the fact that my old 500 had one of their first cast inlet plenums on & it was spot on. Plus it was one of the items DS suggested I get rid of as they told me it wasn't any better than the OEM plastic one - or one they could supply me for more money that the Sitech one cost!!

I've also heard conflicting stories about the intercooler on the Mk3. Some companies say it must be upgraded like the Mk2 in order to get better power. However after talking to Collins they say that the intercooler on the Mk3 is the same spec as the one fitted to the Mk2 RS therefore is good for 300bhp. In fact for their 300bhp upgrade they state an intercooler is not needed & I would be inclined to believe them. In fact when I get some money together shortly i will be taking my car to them for the 300bhp upgrade!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi m8 i contacted sitech today and he can put his own -Nexus Tuning re calibrations. He said it would safely take the st up 285bhp and 330ft/lbs.
It would be £450. He said i wouldnt need an intercooler for the stage 1. It sounds impressive. Do you know anything about these nexus tuning calibrations. I think i am going to go for this m8.

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
I don't to be honest but I would trust Sitech any day of the week over many other tuning companies. If he says it is good I would go with it & the price seems good as well. It's just a pity I don't life as close to them as you do otherwise I would be using them!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd stick with that choice mate. I was in a similar position to yourself regards knowledge of sporty motors/upgrades etc, so took mine into Falkland for the full works service. And boy did they give me the full works on cost, eye watering to be honest. But to be fair :facepalm: after starting all the work, they did give me a quote before completing the work. Only hindsight and speaking to others, has made me realise how much I was ripped off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats shocking m8, when your unsure about upgrades then you kind of just go with what they recommend,I messsaged falkland performance and they quoted me £450 for the revo stage 1 map. But i am going to go with sitech as i have only heard positive things about the owner simon.

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,215 Posts
Thats shocking mate, when your unsure about upgrades then you kind of just go with what they recommend,I messsaged falkland performance and they quoted me £450 for the revo stage 1 map. But i am going to go with sitech as i have only heard positive things about the owner simon.
Hi Colin, I was over BD Performance yesterday and a few guys over there who are running some decent power in their Fiesta ST's were talking about Nexus maps and there was a lot of negativity about them as the Nexus maps are developed by Adam Laird which Sitech use and the guys reckon Laird is pushing the limits too much with his maps causing turbo's to blow.

I asked about the Focus as I thought of you but they not sure but thought I would share it with you mate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks m8, i dont think it was designed just by laird. I think it was a few top experienced guys that built it. The stage one is only taking it to 285 bhp which i think is average for any stage one.thanks for your advice tho. But the experience that simon has got and the background he has i will go with him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts