Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading another topic today and it said once a remap has been done, you should be given the code in case the car needs servicing etc. I bought the car from my local Ford dealership, I have dealt with for years, and they installed the Mountune upgrade, but I don't think there's any codes in the handbooks / service books. Do I need to get this code from the dealer or Mountune and keep in the car? I've had a few performance cars before, but still a bit new to the remap etc.

Thanks for your advice.....

·
Registered
252 Posts
You won't need the code again unless the ECU needs to be reflashed (ie. an ECU dies of natural causes and you need a new one. This then needs the calibration put back on).

The dealer can contact us for this information.

As said there will be no problems with servicing or warranty work otherwise.

Best regards,

Dave

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE([email protected] @ 2 Dec 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You won't need the code again unless the ECU needs to be reflashed (ie. an ECU dies of natural causes and you need a new one. This then needs the calibration put back on).The dealer can contact us for this information.As said there will be no problems with servicing or warranty work otherwise.Best regards,DaveThanks for the info, loving the upgrade
best wishes Marc...QUOTE(Chris @ 2 Dec 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Montune kit is Ford approved so you shouldnt have any problems with taking it to a dealer for any service or warranty work
Cheers Marc...

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
When i my Mountune kit fitted by Kernahans i was given a sheet which had a "UNIQUE PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER" and "ACTIVATION KEY" apparently these are required by the FORD ETIS powertrain module programming tool.

Shaun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts