Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the Mountune intercooler and highflow air filter is available outside the full Mountune kit?

Wandered if it fits straight onto the standard ST from over the counter?

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
QUOTE(Petefats @ 3 Feb 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know whether the Mountune intercooler and highflow air filter is available outside the full Mountune kit?

Yes pro alloy intercooler and K&N air filter

·
Registered
536 Posts
QUOTE(Petefats @ 3 Feb 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know whether the Mountune intercooler and highflow air filter is available outside the full Mountune kit?

As Stevie B says . . .

My question is why would you want to?

The best part of Mountune from a technical point of view is the Engine Map which by all accounts is excellent and the USP of Mountune is the warranty situation - I guess if you had the parts fitted independently they would impact the ford warranty.

If you're not bothered about warranty you can most likely get a remap, intercooler and air filter cheaper from DS or CR etc etc.

Hope this is a helpful response mate - it's not meant to be sarcastic!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i got the intercooler direct from pro alloy and ford fitted it for £50!! Warranty intact. K and N is an obvious one.

I already had blue fin otherwise I would have gone full mountune and in fact I am for the new car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(HollST @ 3 Feb 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As Stevie B says . . .

My question is why would you want to?

The best part of Mountune from a technical point of view is the Engine Map which by all accounts is excellent and the USP of Mountune is the warranty situation - I guess if you had the parts fitted independently they would impact the ford warranty.

If you're not bothered about warranty you can most likely get a remap, intercooler and air filter cheaper from DS or CR etc etc.

Hope this is a helpful response mate - it's not meant to be sarcastic!

Just had a thought that it would be a good thing to have fitted (when I pick up my Focus ST, still on a Fiesta ST!) as I do a lot of high speed motorway journeys currently. Then when I finish the big mileages I'd get the car remapped.

Good points about the warranty though, didn't think about that.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
the difference in doing high motorway miles with or without a map would be neglible but i know which would be more fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts