Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It states on Mountunes website that by getting the MP260 it changes the 0-60 to 5.9s and 0-100 in 14.1 which is nearly 2 seconds difference is this true?

I know alot of you will say it doesnt really matter about 0-60 times etc but was thinking people running for example CP320 and bluefin stage 3 etc. which is over 300bhp what kinda 0-60 times are they getting? I mean once you have the full pakage is it capable of keeping up with a Scooby STI and standard rs?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
the ST is not the car for 0-60, rather a car for 30 - whatever..

its torque that does this not the bhp figure

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
After stage 1-2 the 0-60 times won't drop much further, you'll notice the difference above 60mph really. Seen about 5.7 from 300+bhp cars.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cause i was thinking of the intercooler, bluefin remap and panel filter roughly 600 for about the 260bhp and was very surprised at the stats.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah i was thinking of getting the LT map though because 750 quid for a clutch is alot of cash just to cope with the torque

Cant watch it as its JW player and the iphone doesnt let me watch it cause apple are complete knobs
. Is GGR better overall?
your clutch is a lottery, mine is fine with a standard remap, just dont floor it low revs in high gears and you will be fine

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine lasted a couple of years as MP260 then most of this year as Collins Stage 2, started to slip a couple of months back. Can't complain, it's done nearly 50k miles.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,229 Posts
My Stock clutch lasted 76k miles before it started to slip and I could have driven around it for ages if I wanted to. The car had 282 bhp and 343 lbs ft from 56k miles too.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
your clutch is a lottery, mine is fine with a standard remap, just dont floor it low revs in high gears and you will be fine
Yeah ive heard that aswell. It does seem to be a lottery then. You say dont floor in low revs is that below what like 2000revs?

Its mad when i got the car I never seen the big thing about modding but reading posts on here you guys have for some reason talked me into it over the past few months

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah ive heard that aswell. It does seem to be a lottery then. You say dont floor in low revs is that below what like 2000revs?

Its mad when i got the car I never seen the big thing about modding but reading posts on here you guys have for some reason talked me into it over the past few months
thats what happened to me, basically use the gears when you floor it, if your cruising at 60 in 6th,drop down a gear, i tend to foot flat up to 4th, then feed the power in in the 5th and 6th, but yeah if you just use the gears properly your clutch would prob be ok, i cant afford the RS clutch, so i make sure i do what i can not to make it slip lol

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Yeah i was thinking of getting the LT map though because 750 quid for a clutch is alot of cash just to cope with the torque

Cant watch it as its JW player and the iphone doesnt let me watch it cause apple are complete knobs
. Is GGR better overall?
In an answer - no - watching the two runs the cars made. Both cars made a good getaway on the first run, with the GGR nudging ahead, but then the MP260 pulled away, winning the first run. The second run was a story of different starts with the MP260 blitzing the GGR. So, on that evidence the MP260 was better

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In an answer - no - watching the two runs the cars made. Both cars made a good getaway on the first run, with the GGR nudging ahead, but then the MP260 pulled away, winning the first run. The second run was a story of different starts with the MP260 blitzing the GGR. So, on that evidence the MP260 was better

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ahhright a see thanks guys
Having had the Mountune upgrade I would say it is bloody good....BUT... go for one of the other tuners unless you want to stick permanently with what they offer. The aftermarket guys (Collins, Dreamscience, Revo, JW etc.) will give you more for your money. Mountune are great for in the warranty period and for some progression after this with the MR range, but are expensive comparatively. Get down to a meet for a drive in a few different cars. The range and options are vast.

After having the Collins Stage 2, I would never go Mountune first with my ST, unless manufacturer warranty was a consideration and then I'd have to do a lot of "man maths."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts