Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody got any idea when the mountune conversion will be available for the mk 3 st.and costs etc

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I'm sure we'll soon know when it's available. There is a Bluefin available for it, puts the power up to 285bhp.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tere was a post a few weeks back saying its completed and they think it will be out or at least announced. The was quoted saying about £1400 for it. Will have to want and see tho

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Be interested to know what's in the package, as the Bluefin for the Mk3 gives you 285bhp. I'd like to see some comparisons between torque and power curves,

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
And yet less power than the Bluefin which is £1000 cheaper than the rumoured price? Hence my interest in a comparison.
We don't know the final figures yet, or how they drive etc.

Can't image the bluefin will be able to keep that power consistent on the standard IC.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
We don't know the final figures yet, or how they drive etc.

Can't image the bluefin will be able to keep that power consistent on the standard IC.
The Bluefin user on here has told me it transforms the car and he's well happy with it. Just have to wait and see like you say.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A guy at told Mountune me it should be available sometime in Q1 so expect end of March at the earliest. I suspect most of the testing has been completed but it has to signed off by Ford which may take time. He didn't say anything about figures but I'm guessing around 285ps and sub 6sec 0-60.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this package from Mountune, hope they release some proper details soon instead of keeping people guessing....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't risk Bluefin with a new car, they don't put same amount of R&D into their remap as Mountune and you invalidate your warranty.

Outside of warranty with a cheaper car where the map has been tested by lots of users then it might be worth considering.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't risk Bluefin with a new car, they don't put same amount of R&D into their remap as Mountune and you invalidate your warranty.

Outside of warranty with a cheaper car where the map has been tested by lots of users then it might be worth considering.
What Level of r&d do superchips put in then compared to Mountune?

Just so we all know and can make an informed desision?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Good question maybe that's something a superchips user could ask them?
Don't follow you on that one Dal?

The reason I asked is that I thought csquire3 has inside knowledge and might be able to shed some light on the R&D thats gone in to the two different maps and work done?

Maybe even more information on the Mountune conversion?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It's well documented that mountune have strict guide lines on there maps from ford. They run countless tests on there dyno cells and many runs round the ring which is why there packages are so good. Would be interested to know what superchips do in terms of development etc.

This will be my 4th conversion from mountune when it arrives, I have been a customer of there's from the start and wouldn't go anywhere else for tuning regardless of the cost.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts