Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Into the workshop at 12:32pm with 225 bhp.....out at 16:45hours with Mountune Kit and Mountune Exhaust...bhp 260 confirmed, but tech reckons could be more because of the exhaust!!

All i can say is that the car unbelievable now! I have never had a remap/upgrade before on a car and I am so so surprised at the result. Stupid snow means I only did a 3 mile run, and now its in its underground space at my apartments
Exhaust had a quick clean so I took a few pics quickly. Will take some more once the weather is good and its clean again!

Hope you all enjoy. £1580 total for the kit, £52.75 of fuel..... Mountune Kit on an ST.... Priceless!!

DSC00866.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

DSC00874.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
nice
did anybody see the EVO mag long term ST2 which ran 284 bhp and 384 ft/lb
and thats without exhaust. managed to upset the RS 0-130 and in a 1/4 mie drag.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am glad you are happy with the 260 upgrade and catback

I have the same set up,definitely a good upgrade and Ford approved.

QUOTE(john_1988 @ 12 Jan 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice
did anybody see the EVO mag long term ST2 which ran 284 bhp and 384 ft/lb
and thats without exhaust. managed to upset the RS 0-130 and in a 1/4 mie drag.

I would not believe everything you read mate

That feature has been spoke about at length on here before and the figures are way beyond reality

·
Registered
279 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am glad you are happy with the 260 upgrade and catback

I have the same set up,definitely a good upgrade and Ford approved.

I would not believe everything you read mate

That feature has been spoke about at length on here before and the figures are way beyond reality

oh well still for the money its a great package and not overboard, plus ford approved. considering its £1800 to get only 30hp out of the fiesta. bonus of having a turbo

was that price you quoted including fitting?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh well still for the money its a great package and not overboard, plus ford approved. considering its £1800 to get only 30hp out of the fiesta. bonus of having a turbo

was that price you quoted including fitting?

It is a good package

Yes that price would have been including fitting,there is a couple of deals going around for getting the 260 upgrade and the exhaust done at the time

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That feature has been spoke about at length on here before and the figures are way beyond reality

So what was the conclusion from that discussion?

Sure, the RR figures might not have been accurate (think they RRed an RS at 270ish in a recent hot hatch shoot out
), but can you really dispute the VBOX timings for the 1/4 mile and 10mph increments?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(razzleultra @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So what was the conclusion from that discussion?

Sure, the RR figures might not have been accurate (think they RRed an RS at 270ish in a recent hot hatch shoot out
), but can you really dispute the VBOX timings?

Sorry,I was not meaning the timings were inaccurate,I quite believe the Mountune cars times in that article

I was meaning the torque figure of the RR result is a mile out and I think most would agree with that.

I had my mine Rolling roaded(without catback) and it made 262bhp/292lb/ft torque,so bang on really

PS - Sorry for the thread hijack BlueLightning

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Fair enough, I did raise an eyebrow when I read the torque figures!

Much as I love EVO, their attitude to rolling roads is a little suspect.

They can have a Mountuned ST pushing out 384lbft one month, and an RS barely managing 270bhp the next, and their thoughts seem to be "hmmm, that RS must be a bit slow" rather than, why are the RRs giving such crazy results.

/THREADJACK

·
Registered
279 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry,I was not meaning the timings were inaccurate,I quite believe the Mountune cars times in that article

I was meaning the torque figure of the RR result is a mile out and I think most would agree with that.

I had my mine Rolling roaded(without catback) and it made 262bhp/292lb/ft torque,so bang on really

PS - Sorry for the thread hijack BlueLightning

That is still a good result, considering a standard t5 has bags of torque in every gear, it must pick up speed very quick and suprise alot of bigger engined N/A sports cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTEPS - Sorry for the thread hijack BlueLightning

Yeah so you should be

I paid as I said £1580 for my kit + the exhaust. I knew the second hand manager and he authorised a discount for me which was cool
got the car for a steal as well so mega chuffed all in all.

Snow is crazy outside, gunna be a while till i can test it properly

Sorry the pics arent the best, I will put some better ones up eventually

Dan

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'd only had the car about a week too when I had it Mountuned and just giggled to myself for all of the 50miles home

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hoping to have this fitted in the next month or so

Whats the noise like out of the exhaust?

The car in the evo mag was a press car and it made high figures in other articles I seem to remember but no other mountune car has hit anywhere near those figures so I think it may have had a little exta something

·
Registered
773 Posts
Glad you are happy with it!! When we remapped ours *cough* dreamscience *cough* the phone call I got consisted of swear words and giggles!!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I can highly recommend getting the downpipe and sports cat fitted.

The difference it made to the standard 260 conversion is huge

Had mine fitted at Mountune HQ great service.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats a really good price . . . Ive been quoted £1807.98 to have kit and cat back fitted to my new ST3 due in March . . . and I have to pay total price up front . . . ie now!!

And that is the price from the garage I am buying the car from and they are also fitting the eibachs springs . . . so not like i should get a good discount!!

Think I may have a phone around!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts