Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am picking my st3 up in march and the car will be 3 years old (07 plate). I am getting 2 years warranty from the dealer Bristol street ford. It is the same sort of warranty that you would buy from warranty direct etc. More mechanical insurance than a warranty. Does anybody know if fitting mountune would void the warranty. I know it's ford approved but warranty is not a normal ford warranty.(underwritten by private company)

thanks

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 9 Feb 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone, I am picking my st3 up in march and the car will be 3 years old (07 plate). I am getting 2 years warranty from the dealer Bristol street ford. It is the same sort of warranty that you would buy from warranty direct etc. More mechanical insurance than a warranty. Does anybody know if fitting mountune would void the warranty. I know it's ford approved but warranty is not a normal ford warranty.(underwritten by private company)

thanks

Probably yes if you dont tell them.

You would have to ask them im afraid, but most warranty underwriters will not touch modified cars as yours will be. Only if it came direct from Ford as a 260 would they usually offer cover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wierd story... i have just received a quote for my focus from warranty direct, and i told them that i may be looking at changing the car, blah blah blah and that i was looking at buying an st with mountune kit... The guy on the phone said unless it was a ford modification it wouldnt be covered... i then told him its backed by ford, and the phone went silent... after a few seconds he admitted he didnt know, and that he would have to find out... No harm in asking your warranty provider mate.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Or ask them for a quote from ford protect (the normal ford warranty people).

As they are a main dealer, it shouldn't be a problem.

RRP.
24 Months, £549 incl. 24 months AA.
£120 off without the AA.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I payed £500 for 3yrs for my extended warranty. I am also looking at the MT kit and the dealership said it will be covered but still best to ask. One dealer I spoke to said they didn't know what the Mountune kit was.

Les

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dont think all dealers are approved to fit the mountune kit... i know my local dealership only just started offering the upgrades. I presume if they dont have any mountune approved technicians then they won't know about it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.