Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone
Just after a bit of advice I am on stage 2 and got all relevant mods to support, I have also got a 200 cell corbra sport cat. But looking to change the cat back now.
I dont want to deres at all but I am really interested in the Mountune system being quiet when you want it to be and sounding fantastic when you want it to be aswell, the thing putting me off is the 2.5 inch bore, (other than the bore, it ticks all the right boxes).

I would like to extract the best and most power on being a stage 2 vehicle, so do I scrap the Mountune idea? and go either cat back scorpian or cobra full resonated systems knowing that they are a 3 inch bore so will be better free flowing but after reading, alot of people are saying they sometimes loose back pressure thus making full torque higher in the rev range.

I am not a fan of revving the knackers off to get places I love the low down torque/grunt.

Any other ideas or advice would be great.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,213 Posts
They all have videos on YouTube, check them out and then make a decision, there’s also Mongoose and Milltek too.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,171 Posts
I have the mountune system on mine running mod X rs, I believe it's 2.75". You're very unlikely to find one new as they don't make them any more. Although the miltek sport system is identical. The difference between 2.75" and 3" will make next to no difference unless you're going for big power, on a stage 2 i doubt it would make any difference.

Edit.

Just realised you have a mk3 not a mk2, sorry pall.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,213 Posts
Tbh unless you’re going big power, a 3” isn’t that important, over in the states, there’s a few cars running 400hp on the stock exhaust, down pipe and turbo are the biggest restrictions, plus imho the stock tailpipe is the only one that looks right with the ST back bumper, you could save a fortune and just de resonate the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Don’t own a mk3 but having cobra on most of my cars at some point I can say there over priced defected cr-p, and don’t last long and shocking fit, there after sales is shocking👍 So take them out of your list imo

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I would recommend the Milltek as it sounds excellent, IMO obviously. I have a custom sports cat and the system doesn't drone at all and sounds sporty when putting the foot down but not droney or too loud. Just a nice note to listen to.

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
I've got the Collins/Mongoose exhaust on mine as part of the CP2v2 upgrade & it is nice. Not too loud on tickover or gentle driving, & no droning, but really opens up nice on full throttle.

Automotive tire Grille Vehicle Bumper Automotive design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts