Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got these fitted today. The mountune front pads were still out of stock so I went with EBC Yellow Stuff for now. Looking forward to improved stopping power and less dust once they’re bedded in.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you fit them yourself? If so, how did you deal with the ebrake?
I was able to put the ebrake in maintenance mode using FORScan lite on my phone but I ended up getting my mate at the local garage to fit them. All done in an hour and a half.

·
Premium Member
MK3
46 Posts
In my experience (as mentioned above) yellow stuff are dusty and also squealy. Personally, I found improved performance was gained from EBC Turbo Groove discs and Red Stuff pads for fast road use (good prices available on these from Larkspeed).

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the info. I am getting some squeal from the yellow stuff pads until they get a bit of heat in them. Red stuff not available for the mk4 yet. If the yellow stuff pads are going to stay noisy I’ll probably try a set of the mountune fast road front pads once they’re back in stock.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Cheers for the info. I am getting some squeal from the yellow stuff pads until they get a bit of heat in them. Red stuff not available for the mk4 yet. If the yellow stuff pads are going to stay noisy I’ll probably try a set of the mountune fast road front pads once they’re back in stock.
The Mountune pads look like they are the EBC "basic" ones. If so, they are cheaper from EBC.(y)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How are you finding them compared to the standard ones? I am really tempted to upgrade the discs and pads.
The initial bite from cold is very good. There’s a little bit of squeak with light pressure on the pedal but that stops with a firmer press. I haven’t really used them from higher speeds yet as they’re still bedding in but if they keep improving the way are now as the miles increase they will be very good indeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts