Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all how u doin?! Good!! Anyway news for u all, Mountune racing have developed and released a CAIS for the Fiesta ST. Now i bet ur all thinking why the hell do we want to know this, well for all u optimistic ST owners dont u think this is very promising for the focus?
Would appreciate ppls thoughts!!
Cheers all

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sounds like you have been on the pop, just like me!! I'll be the first to put my name down for a Mountune CAIS when it arrives

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QUOTE(lee.blade @ 5 Feb 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cant see Ford approving it for use to keep the warranty intact tho

They wont approve it just like they didnt with the downpipe and sports cat.
Dave at Mountune said the other week that they are still looking into a CAIS.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need someone to shed some light on the CR Carbon CAIS? ie noise, performance etc, cuz aesthetically it looks amazing
Also i know it wont keep warrenty intact just like the cat and D/pipe.
Was bein optimistic buts wot wud the eta of the mountune CAIS?
Reason being its nice to go all one make!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
QUOTE(RobboST @ 5 Feb 2010, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dreamscience all the way! lol

+1

The noise is amazing and it performs very well and it also gave me 23 bhp more and 30 lbs ft more torque more than my previous GGR CAIS I had fitted. The car pulls so much harder!
More air=more power and the venturi design uses all this air and sucks it up like a Dyson!
I think another part of the reason for gaining the extra power is because MOD-C is designed with their induction kit.
Get a dreamscience induction kit, you will love the sound. Its like an old skool turbo darth vader noise hissing, whistling, sucking and dumping
Also when I took the old GGR off I expected it to be clean still but it was black with bits of leaves etc stuck in it. I asked Dreamscience about it and they said thats because although its a closed cais it still sucks in all the
that gets in from the front air feed and moisture also builds up in there too. I think there is less chance of my dreamscience induction kit sucking up
and water because of where its fitted behind the head light and the undertray protects it below.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I reckon we'll get one eventually but no warranty backing and isn't it another remap job???

On another note has anyone seen the bodykit they're developing for the Fiesta - AWESOME!

·
Registered
275 Posts
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 5 Feb 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Reason being its nice to go all one make!!

Yep I agree but you should have gone Dreamscience in the 1st place

You could always convert

·
Registered
275 Posts
QUOTE(HollST @ 5 Feb 2010, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I reckon we'll get one eventually but no warranty backing and isn't it another remap job???

I would have thought so to gain the benefit but like code:red it may be a map suited for all mods.

That fiesta kit looks cool. I think Ford are trying to bring a new Fiesta ST out which should be interesting. It will probably have 1.6 turbo engine in it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry to put a damper on things, but everytime I have spoken to Mountune they have stated that a CAIS makes very little if any difference and would not be worth fitting with the Mountune kit. From the horses mouth as it were and that was only a few months ago when they were fitting my down pipe and sports cat.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fair enough, but if u think about it, they sed the same about the fiesta and doing one for tht, it would give the same benefits to a focus st as a fiesta st, sooo here comes my question, why bother with the fiesta st instead of the focus st?? in fact if there saying the production and R&D costs totally out weighs the power increase why bother at all doin the fiesta? ne1 agree?
havent got mountune yet, i just dont know which one to go for? im swayed to mountune right now but not sure still!

Mountune racing will release a cais for the focus st but as n when who knows, but im being optimistic due to them releasing one for the fiesta!!
Can ne1 shed some light on the CR CAIS carbon one??

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 5 Feb 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to put a damper on things, but everytime I have spoken to Mountune they have stated that a CAIS makes very little if any difference and would not be worth fitting with the Mountune kit. From the horses mouth as it were and that was only a few months ago when they were fitting my down pipe and sports cat.

I cant believe they said that! Yes in terms of headline power figures youll be lucky to get between 8-12 bhp from an induction kit but in terms of gains like lower intake temps that lead to the car retaining its power even when its 30 degrees plus its a really worthwhile mod! It also helps the turbo spool up a bit quicker! Combined with the 3" downpipe and a 100cpi sports cat it completes the STs breathing system! Seems mighty strange that Ford spent all that money making a pretty good copy of the DS CAIS for the RS if its not worth it!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
more like the Mountune map doesn't lend itself to working well with a CAIS so they're not developing one.

They're not exactly going to make a CAIS then have to develop a new map for it or tell everyone to go for DS/Wolf/Bloofin are they?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 5 Feb 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to put a damper on things, but everytime I have spoken to Mountune they have stated that a CAIS makes very little if any difference and would not be worth fitting with the Mountune kit. From the horses mouth as it were and that was only a few months ago when they were fitting my down pipe and sports cat.

i think you will find they meant "no point fitting a cais with the current map" indeed if they brought one out with out offering a tweak for the current map i wouldnt buy it, but if they did and they do then thats a diferent story

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ford copied DS on the new RS induction side did they?! Good lord...
It's the same airbox Volvo, Ford and Mazda have been using for years!

The standard airbox with a K&N panel filter flows enough air for just shy of 300PS. Fitting a CAIS generally adds negative drive issues due to large changes in the air flow characteristics over the base cal / our cal.

We're not so interested in cars running X,Y or Z's 3" exhaust, and this that and the other; we're all about looking after our customers, so we're focused on making sure anything we release works properly with our conversions and the standard car(if applicable), to ensure it won't cause any ill-effects, and is actually adding something positive to our conversions primarily.

If it turns out a CAIS can add something positive without adding anything negative then you'll see one, if it doesn't add to the experience, or causes too many negative drive issues, you won't... and it's basically that simple.

However, we've got some pretty substantial projects on at the moment - which you'll see over the coming year, so don't expect anything soon I'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts