Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting the Mountune 260 upgrade done end of month, im just wondering if its worth have there cat back system fitted at the same time, im worried that it will be too noisy, iv also read that the pipes tend to stick out quite a bit! sometimes uneven!

Can anyone advise me on these points? also what extra BHP will i gain by having the cat back as well as the 260 upgrade?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It'll possibly work out slightly cheaper to have the exhaust done at the same time as the mountune upgrade as it is already on the ramps as it were. There is no reason why the pipes should look uneven. If they do then I'd ask for them to be sorted before taking delivery of your new upgrade
As Stevie says (and he should know matey), the cat back doesn't really add much, if anything to the BHP - more the nice noise.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dont worry about noise with mountune exhaust, its not the loudest exhaust compared to most like piper or mongoose. when i had mine fitted i could barely tell the difference while on full throttle and on cruise mode your dont even know you have one.

i added a Decat to mine just to get it louder. which makes 5 times better with noise and pops and bangs:Dance:

However it is a lovely sound deep growling sound.

Hope that Helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts