Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Some
drove into the ns front wing on the corner, damaged the head lamp, full of condensation

MOT due at the start of March an still waitin 4 the insurance to be sorted to repair it,

So my question is would this headlamp fail the MOT?

Your thoughts and comments greatly appreciated

Mike

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Condensation itself is not a fail.

However if the beam pattern is not correct whether that be due to condensation/misalignment/incorrect bulb fitment/damage etc then thats a fail am afraid.

What you can do is take the bulb out and use a hair dryer to remove the condensation. That MAY be enough to allow the headlamp to pass an alignment test.

HTH

Dave.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 12 Feb 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Condensation itself is not a fail.

However if the beam pattern is not correct whether that be due to condensation/misalignment/incorrect bulb fitment/damage etc then thats a fail am afraid.

What you can do is take the bulb out and use a hair dryer to remove the condensation. That MAY be enough to allow the headlamp to pass an alignment test.

HTH

Dave.

Cheers Dave
If its not sorted in a couple of weeks then i'll give this a go before i take it 4 the MOT

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
When you use the hairdryer, take them in the house to cool wher eit is dry, if you just leave it to cool outside the condensation will return you need let them dry and cool with the hole facing up etc.

Is the light loose if so it will fail for this

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Dennis @ 12 Feb 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When you use the hairdryer, take them in the house to cool wher eit is dry, if you just leave it to cool outside the condensation will return you need let them dry and cool with the hole facing up etc.

Is the light loose if so it will fail for this

No mate lights not loose, just been pushed slightly towards the centre and the wing creased

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.