Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be spending a lot of time in Morecambe in the next few weeks and after work I don't want to spend every night in the hotel.

I don't fancy collecting ****les though

Any suggestions? I won't need to eat out as I will be have an allowance in the hotel.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Well if you don't like ****les then you are knackered as there is not much else there

There is plenty to see across the water in Liverpool which is a short train journey away if you don't want to take the ST and plenty of parking by Albert dock if you do

Where are you working?

Edit: I need my glasses changing as I for some reason had Moreton in mind when replying, it must have been the ****les and Liverpool isn't a short train journey away

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lancaster is only down the road and a lot better night out than Morecambe (IMO). Spent a lot of time there in last few years drinking lol. Not a great deal else round there really

·
Registered
23 Posts
aaah Morecambe. I grew up in Morecambe so spent a fair bit of time there and can categorically tell you there is nothing at all to do! haha

There's a cinema and a bowling alley on the prom but that's nothing exciting. You do have to Lake District just across the bay though, if you like that sort of thing. Some nice driving roads there.

Lancaster is definitely much better for a night out. I heard a few years ago that (while still at school) that Lancaster had one of the highest pub:person ratios in the country.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Load of help you lot are.............................................................................
.................................................NOT

I'll be working till at least teatime and will probably be billy no mates after work, I might just have to take myself to the pictures... there is a cinema? I'm not the sort of guy who stands at the bar on his own so I won't be getting bladdered.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yeah Morecambe is like a pasture where old people go to die. A bit like Cleveleys.

Your presence will bring the average age down to 78

·
Registered
694 Posts
QUOTE(thestumper @ 19 Feb 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry cant be much help either, most people just go to Morecambe to die I think.

Ive spent some time working in that area and its true.... naff all to do!!!
it did always remind me of gods waiting room!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really wish I'd refused to go now, I face the prospect of 8 bored lonely nights

I might have to spam FOCUSSTOC.COM, maybe try to get to 1000 posts and become a senior member. Anyone fancy a good slanging match, I'll see what Gav and Si are posting up

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(treborrobert2 @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be spending a lot of time in Morecambe in the next few weeks and after work I don't want to spend every night in the hotel.

I don't fancy collecting ****les though

Any suggestions? I won't need to eat out as I will be have an allowance in the hotel.

Cheers

Have a good look round theres a few good old chineese knocking about near the beach

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm up there quite alot and there is nothing to do sorry

But if you get a 5-10minute taxi fare up to Lancaster you will be ok as there is more restaurants, pubs and ladies there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Morecambe!!!!!

Maybe a bit late to help ya like but as I must be a granny its hard to use a computer lol

As a Morecamber, I can confirm there is f00k all to do, I will admit that if you like the ladies, the standards here are pretty low and they will sleep with almost anything when drunk. If that fails and you want a pro, look up BayBabes on the net, think its classed as a "massage parlour" lol. Other than that we have a Polo Tower (dont think it works), cinema (sound system better in my boot), bowling (run by muppets), restaurants which are actually quite gd (try the Blue Mountain), power station, biddy shops, market, basically :censored:.

My advice is have a drive to barrow/windermere, nice drive, not too far and is just nicer.

I never do Morecambe, I always pop to Lancaster, Preston or Lakes.

Enjoy

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I live in Morecambe!!!!!

Maybe a bit late to help ya like but as I must be a granny its hard to use a computer lol

As a Morecamber, I can confirm there is f00k all to do, I will admit that if you like the ladies, the standards here are pretty low and they will sleep with almost anything when drunk. If that fails and you want a pro, look up BayBabes on the net, think its classed as a "massage parlour" lol. Other than that we have a Polo Tower (dont think it works), cinema (sound system better in my boot), bowling (run by muppets), restaurants which are actually quite gd (try the Blue Mountain), power station, biddy shops, market, basically

My advice is have a drive to barrow/windermere, nice drive, not too far and is just nicer.

I never do Morecambe, I always pop to Lancaster, Preston or Lakes.

Enjoy
Cheers fella, but my stint in morecambe is now over and if I never go back there it'll be too soon. I stayed in the premier inn Lancaster all expenses payed got to say the best part was dring the m6 past the snow capped fells, stunning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts