Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey wonder if anyone could help again I have a st225 2007 air-ram filter forge re-recirc just recently I get a hiss almost for less then a second (like somthing pressurising) Start up sound. On acceleration I get a very loud induction sound and On gear change I get a almost expel of air (dump valve sound), also the boost gauge will struggle to go to 1/4 and struggle and go up a little and drop on gear change. When it does go above it just kinda bounces almost like a rev limit and not much power. I’ve addEd links to YouTube videos thanks again for any help or suggestions

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
197 Posts
I know mine does that noise on start up but think its injectors as the sound comes from there but that boost problem does look and sound like a leak somewhere if you've changed the solenoid already.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know mine does that noise on start up but think its injectors as the sound comes from there but that boost problem does look and sound like a leak somewhere if you've changed the solenoid already.
Will replace the solenoid again weekend hopefully just been sold a duff one will check all boost pipes while I’m there. Not too sure on the start up (release of air kinda sound) being the injectors though 🤷 who knows.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,008 Posts
With Ramair you will get loud induction noise and dump valve sound on gear change.

The RS does it all the time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With Ramair you will get loud induction noise and dump valve sound on gear change.

The RS does it all the time.
Thanks just couldn’t work out why it’s only just started it. Maybe to boost issue has made it more noticeable possibly 😂. I’m just very ocd with new sound and seem to notice the slightest change lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts