Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a Mongoose full exhaust with cat back,does anyone know of any problems i might come across....thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You have to cut the pipe to the original back box off because the pipe sits on top of the sub frame and the bolts that attach it to the cat can snap and be a real
job to get out, make sure you have a oxyacetylene torch near by

·
Registered
219 Posts
You have to cut the pipe to the original back box off because the pipe sits on top of the sub frame and the bolts that attach it to the cat can snap and be a real
job to get out, make sure you have a oxyacetylene torch near by
Same as that man has said, when you say full exhaust do you mean down pipe and sports cat/de-cat as well?

If so you may have problems with the down pipe studs. So get the locker nut set you can buy.

If just the cat back the should be ok just cover all the nuts in dw-40 the day before and night before your thinking of doing it.

Jonny.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
As has been said, the old system needs to be cut by the rear sub frame to remove it, and it is not unusual for one or more of the downpipe bolts to shear requiring a drill out or turbo removal.

You will also need some 3" gaskets for either side of the cat.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Lambda sensor detects the oxygen in the exhaust gases and is used by the ECU to adjust the fuelling. The existing one should come out of your current cat, but they can seize in, requiring cutting out or a new one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do i need to have the ECU remaped again after having a full exhaust system (turbo back inc sports cat). I have an AmD stage 1 map.....Thanks for your help again

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Use loads of penetration fluid for the bolts, mainly the downpipe bolts. If they stiff won't budge, use some heat on the casing to expand it. You won't need to remap the ECU, they're telling your porkies. I have the Mongoose DP with 200 cell sports cat and the sound is great on start up but when you change gear, the pop is lovely! You won't be disappointed!
There's two sensors, one on the downpipe and the other will fit just behind the cat. The DP sensor helps calculate the air mixture for the fueling and the sensor behind the cat just ensures it's working properly. They're about £100 each if they break and they just plug into harnesses when swapping them over.
Cheers thanx for that Adam, going to get AmD to fit the new system. Is it common for the sensor to snap when removing them..... ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unpacked the Mongoose exhaust today, in the bag with the claps and bolts was Two metal plates, any idea what these are for and why they go......sorry to be a pain

1 - 20 of 28 Posts