Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a resonated catback exhaust. Anyone know if the Mongoose would drone with a decat.
Would like to keep it quite on cruising speed but a nice rasp if you boot it.

Current mods are
CP320
Radtec IC
Decat

Cheers

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Just fitted one in between Xmas and new year nice and quite at cruising speed with a de-cat. Nice deep sound when giving it some.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ive got a mongoose with decat ...drones alot but well worth it, pops and bangs and sounds good when foot heavy!!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I don't think you'll find many systems that don't drone when using a decat unfortunately. It's a characteristic of the part. How much drone you can put up with is up to you. It'd be best to get a couple of rides out to find out.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I don't think you'll find many systems that don't drone when using a decat unfortunately. It's a characteristic of the part. How much drone you can put up with is up to you. It'd be best to get a couple of rides out to find out.
True words, i fitted the cat to see the difference in sound and drone. no drone but didnt sounds as good! mines not a daily driver or daily motorway runner i use a van so doesnt bother me atall.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Looking for a resonated catback exhaust. Anyone know if the Mongoose would drone with a decat.
Would like to keep it quite on cruising speed but a nice rasp if you boot it.

Current mods are
CP320
Radtec IC
Decat

Cheers
You would benifit more from a aftermarket downpipe mate. The cat back is really for sound and looks. Moperformance to be gained from a downpipe to compliment the decat ypu have.

It just so happens Im selling a brand newongoose 3" downpipe with locking bolts and gasket pm me

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the quietest resonated catback you can get

·
Registered
173 Posts
In terms of exhausts i can get hold of a brand new exhaust system with a choice of de res or resonated exhaust and decat and cat fitted made from T304 stainless steel and 4" slash cut tips all for £300

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've gone from a piper to a mongoose purely for tailpipe design ie slash cuts to standard size looking and have to say the mongoose is quiet and boring in comparison, it's so quiet it's from the turbo back decated.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've gone from a piper to a mongoose purely for tailpipe design ie slash cuts to standard size looking and have to say the mongoose is quiet and boring in comparison, it's so quiet it's from the turbo back decated.
Does it drone pal between 60-80mph

Not sure if to keep saving and get a Milltek if it does but funds are tight this month with getting a RS clutch fitted

·
Registered
570 Posts
Does it drone pal between 60-80mph

Not sure if to keep saving and get a Milltek if it does but funds are tight this month with getting a RS clutch fitted
I have a full turbo back de-cat mongoose, at 60-70 there is no drone (or very little) but at 70+ it starts droning a bit. To me its not an issue but as you seem to be chasing a quieter setup then perhaps a miltek resonated would be the way to go. The mongoose is a bit boomy when driving around town (2500-3000rpm especially) even when not booting it. A race cat will help a bit but its the cat-back part that really shapes and defines the sound.

Also the mongoose is not resonated and they don't offer a resonated option as far as I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts