Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they any good? Or are there better out there for the cash?

What are the main benefits/draw backs of a larger downpipe? Car will eventually be running uprated downpipe, intercooler, panel filter and mapped to suit.

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
QUOTE(Rustie @ 11 Jan 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the bolts snap in the turbo is it just a case of getting them drilled out and replacement bolts or is a more serious repair?

They just drill um out mate,not a massive job, it happened on mine,just a pain in the bottom to whose doing it,as its a tight fit up there.

the bolts aint nothing fancy either,so no massive extra expense if it happens.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(Rustie @ 11 Jan 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the bolts snap in the turbo is it just a case of getting them drilled out and replacement bolts or is a more serious repair?

no just as you say mate. budget for it though! downpipe and sport cat usually gives an extra 15bhp and quicker turbo response.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No way i plan to swap the downpipe myself, it will be going to a little garage called Birchdown in Crewe who i came to love during my Clio 182 ownership. I think ill buy a spare set of bolts and leave them in the car just incase they need them in that case.

Do you have part number or size of the bolts?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(Rustie @ 11 Jan 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No way i plan to swap the downpipe myself, it will be going to a little garage called Birchdown in Crewe who i came to love during my Clio 182 ownership. I think ill buy a spare set of bolts and leave them in the car just incase they need them in that case.

Do you have part number or size of the bolts?

Thanks for the help guys.

you will get it in the technical forums mate. the new ones are copper coated. ford updated them', after realising
the problem with them snapping. sometimes heating them with a blow torch till they are glowing helps get them out.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The larger bore downpipe helps the turbo disperse heat better especially when running other mods which increase performance.

I've heard that the Primary Designs downpipe is the daddy but it's pricey too.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I,ve had miltek now have mongoose, nothing in it quality/performance wise so go with the mongoose , its cheaper as well {but deffo warm the bolts up before taking out}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.