Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, coming up to christmas, thought i would start with some small things, jus ordered some DMB gel badges...Small but at least its a start
. Has anyone fitted these, how easy are they to do??

Also if i(When) i Get a DS how much difference, will this make to noise, and wil it increasein the pops and bangs tat make me smile so much,

Many thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(mmaciver @ 4 Nov 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey all, coming up to christmas, thought i would start with some small things, jus ordered some DMB gel badges...Small but at least its a start
. Has anyone fitted these, how easy are they to do??

Also if i(When) i Get a DS how much difference, will this make to noise, and wil it increasein the pops and bangs tat make me smile so much,

Many thanks
the gel badges are really easy to fit mate.As for the dreamscience,you may notice a small difference in the sound,but a huge difference in the performance.Really need the exhaust for the pops and bangs though

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
As already said, the gel badges are a doddle to fit mate, just peel off the back and stick over the Ford badge that is already on the car.
As for the remap, you'll see a huge difference in performance, but minimal difference in sound.

As you are thinking of other mods, I would suggest you get the remap first, then go for the downpipe etc.
If it is sound you are after though, get a Dreamscience Induction Kit, it makes the best sound I've ever heard!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(Foz @ 5 Nov 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it is sound you are after though, get a Dreamscience Induction Kit, it makes the best sound I've ever heard!

You need to stop saying things like that mate. I already have a K&N and could do without the extra outlay
You're not helping!

Chris

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 5 Nov 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You need to stop saying things like that mate. I already have a K&N and could do without the extra outlay
You're not helping!

Chris
Sorry mate, I get abit over excited about it all don't I!!
I wont mention it again..... or at least I'll try!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
QUOTE(mmaciver @ 5 Nov 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds good to me mate, will add that onto my list then haha.

Small question whats the difference in sports cats some are 200cell and some 100 cell what does the aquire too?

Mark
Its relative to the amount of air flow through the Sports Cat.
100 cells per inch is better than 200 cells per inch as less cells = less restriction to the air flow. A decat is zero cells IIRC, but they are not road legal anyway.

From information I've gained from reading posts on here, there is very little noticable difference between a 200cpi and 100cpi Sports Cat, other than that the 100cpi Sports Cat can cause engine management light to come on, where as the 200cpi doesnt (for most people).

p.s - to put this into perspective, the standard Cat on the ST is 600cpi IIRC, which is extremely restrictive really when you think about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.